Job description / Role
Ready to put your contract skills to work with departments and teams that change the fabric of our community? Do you have an eye for details? Put your contract management expertise to work on complex projects. Parsons is now hiring Procurement Contract Specialist - Ports for our rapidly expanding team.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
• Procurement & Contracts Specialist will be responsible for managing Contract Management of contract for Port Operator and procurement of specialist port material and equipment.
• Manages ports’ contract administration for the port operator and procurement of specialist port material and equipment.
• Directly supports the Royal commission organization's contracting and procurement activities and procedures.
• Coordinates with the RC Supply Management Department in a solicitation of activities such as pre-bid preparation, advertising, receiving and opening bids, recording bid results, vendor responses, document retention and compliance with Government Procurement rules and regulations, laws and port policies and procedures. Maybe directly accountable for the contract administration for small and/or less complex consulting agreements.
• Supports the RC Management, oversight and administration of non-public works agreements
• Provides support and guidance to the organization in all functional areas of contract administration.
• Responsible for ensuring contract activities comply with Port resolutions, Royal Commission policies and applicable procedures and adhere to Government Procurement regulations.
• Maybe directly accountable for the contract administration for small and/or less complex consulting agreements.
• Department focal point for all Contracts and Purchasing content on the Port's internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide data tracking and reporting for year-end reporting.
• Participate in teams to enhance business processes within the Port Department.
• Performs other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
• A recognized degree/bachelor’s degree in Contract Administration, Construction Management or Quantity Surveying.
• Minimum 5 years of experience Mid-level experience Management of O&M contract, Experience in development of specs for material, suppliers and equipment within maritime.
• Experience within ports operation management.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.