Job description / Role
We are looking for Procurement Director with programmes/projects/construction/development and client advisory/leadership to join with us on Riyadh project. Reporting to the Head of Procurement for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This role will have oversight and provide strategic Procurement leadership to Procurement & Contracts' teams acting for and on behalf of client's across existing and future Programmes and Projects.
The candidate with provide professional procurement guidance to clients, internal and external stakeholders across the KSA. Manage the development and implementation of strategic procurement strategies, processes and initiatives across large-scale Programmes and Projects through the existing client network and bid opportunities.
Provide direction and leadership on the establishment of international best practices in procurement activities offered by the business to promote quality of delivery and cost efficiency. Liaison and communication with internal management teams, group identified stakeholders, the supply chain and industry professionals to support the business in providing best in class strategy and delivery solutions.
Areas of Responsibility:
Business Unit Development and Operation
- Responsible for the delivery of client aligned advice, procurement strategies and analysis, ensuring client aspirations are managed.
- Responsible for the businesses procurement activities and for setting and maintaining the required quality levels in terms of documents, advice and delivery.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure engagement in procurement strategy development and delivery.
Procurement Advisory Services and Project Support Services:
- Providing professional procurement and strategy development guidance to clients, internal and external stakeholders.
- In support of either internal or client led Project Delivery; fully consult with stakeholders and establish required procurement strategy documents, disseminate to the team and oversee the implementation. Periodically report progress and benchmark to ensure alignment to stakeholder's strategy objectives / deliverables.
- Oversee the management and delivery of the procurement process including procurement scheduling activities, tendering packages, evaluation, negotiation, finalisation and production of robust documentation to ensure compliance to set procurement policies and procedures (internal or clients).
- As required; manage the development and implementation of the procurement function policies, processes and procedures for clients.
Supply Chain Management:
- Monitor supply chain performance and facilitate regular performance reviews with stakeholders in order to assess value and quality of services / works / products and inform decision-making on future collaborations.
- Evaluate and establish digital transformation (in line with business requirements) opportunities to support supply chain mapping / capabilities assessment.
- Monitor regional supply chain activity and provide advice to internal business as necessary in regard to capability, suitability and affordability of suppliers.
Training and Team Development:
- Supervise the activities of team members to ensure that all work within procurement and ensure the function is carried out in an efficient and compliant manner within the set business' policies, processes and procedures.
- Set Personal Development Objectives for team members clearly outlining how performance will be measured in line with personnel and business unit development.
- Identify staff development opportunities and manage annual staff development reviews
- Develop the core competencies of team members.
- Promote best practice and focused training on best practice elements.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- 10 years of experience in Procurement profession
- 5 years of experience in senior management or executive position
- Professional accreditation and membership with CIPS or other Procurement professional body
- 5 years of experience working for major programmes and projects in MENA
- Bachelor's Degree in business management or similar
- Strategic procurement advisory
- Stakeholder management
- Strategic decision making
- People management
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Planning and organisation
- Mentoring and support
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).