Procurement Director - Arabic Speaker
Job description / Role
To plan, manage and lead all operations in the Procurement function, in order to safeguard the organization's interests and ensure a professional and cost effective procurement process through all stages of projects, product and service procurement and all related services for the organization.
Our client is a confidential Vision 2030 project.
* Develop and lead the implementation of corporate and technical procurement and tendering strategy covering corporate procurement including but not limited to office furniture and supplies, professional services, etc., operations contract including but not limited to waste collection, private security, landscaping, cleaning, etc., design & construction procurement including but not limited to engineering, design, project management, contracting, etc. ensuring optimum protection of the organization's business interests.
* Oversee all corporate and technical procurement end to end activities (from needs identification, tendering, selection, contracting, etc.) to ensure that obtains the required supplies and services at the optimum cost and quality combination.
* Direct the end-to-end tendering process (preparation of RFPs, formal tenders, shortlisting, negotiation, response to queries, etc.) for any services / products / materials as per the policies set.
* Ensure, in coordination with the Legal that all procurement related processes contracts and other documents are in line with the applicable legal framework in order to best protect interests as well as providing expert level advise to the procurement team and other involved stakeholders.
* Oversee the contract development and administration process for procurement as per the specified requirements, including definition /amendments of terms and conditions, extensions or terminations, contractual obligations of both parties as well as master purchase agreements (MPAs) etc. in coordination with relevant departments as needed, and report any issues or ambiguities in coordination with the Legal Team.
* Manage the review of invoices for purchases to ensure that they are in line with contractual agreements and submitted to the Finance team for processing invoices and timely payment approval.
* Coordinate with Legal and Corporate Governance team on contracting strategies, formalization of contracts, and resolution of legal disputes (if required).
* Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with all relevant external/internal entities such as service providers, vendors, and key stakeholders, in order to ensure the services required by the third parties are delivered in the most effective manner.
* Manage relationships with key vendors and lead contract negotiations for procurement orders to establish lasting and profitable relationships with key suppliers and to get the best value in contracts including RFIs, RFPs, clarification questions & replies, and collecting proposals and conducting financial evaluation of bids as well as communicating the outcome to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
* Monitor supplier performance and transaction compliance (milestone, deliverables, invoicing, etc.) to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled.
* Coordinate with departments managers and staff to determine the method of purchasing and compile ratings, analyze results to develop the list of preferred suppliers for future use.
* Benchmark the cost and quality, in relation to industry trends, with current suppliers in order to negotiate better pricing, terms and condition of sale and warranties of goods and products.
* Attractive salary and benefits package
* Opportunity to contribute to the Vision of the Kingdom.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Law, or any other related field.
* 10 years of relevant experience in Procurement including at least 2 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Director General of Procurement and Contracts
|Saudi Arabia||17 Mar|
Director - Procurement
Director Procurement - Construction
|Saudi Arabia||17 Mar|
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Big Fish Recruitment