Job description / Role
The Procurement Director will be responsible to lead all procurement activities for the organization.
Our client is a leading hospitality company that operates numerous restaurant chains and ballroom services and projects across the Kingdom.
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the supply chain of all food and supplies for the food service division.
* Plan and buy food, parts, supplies, and services in a timely and cost-effective manner, while also ensuring the maintenance of appropriate quality standards, safety standards, and specifications.
* Develop and implement strategies for the procurement of all goods and services as noted.
* Forecast future procurement needs.
* Create and implement key performance indicators to ensure savings and lower cost of goods.
* Maintain positive relations with existing suppliers, and source new key suppliers and products.
* Negotiate prices on key ingredients and establish annual purchasing strategies.
* Prepare RFQs for all goods and services.
* Approve purchases in accordance with company policy.
* Coordinate pricing and approved vendor information with other internal company departments.
* Serve as liaison with the Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
* Attractive salary package and benefits
* 3 or more years of managerial level experience in the purchasing/procurement field, preferably in a hospitality-focused organization, including restaurant chains, hotel chains, food service companies, and purchasing groups that focus on these industries.
* Solid understanding and experience with purchasing strategies & inventory management.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Product development experience preferred.
* Proven analytical and decision-making skills to support effective buying decisions, problem resolution, process improvements, cost reductions, etc.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Assertive, outgoing, professional demeanor.
* Customer service orientation, with high levels of organization and attention to detail.
* Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Procurement Manager - Multi National Engineering Co.
Big Fish Recruitment
Big Fish Recruitment