Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
We have had a phenomenal start. Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is an innovative transportation service operational in 27 cities from Morocco to Pakistan. With 30% monthly growth, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the region. Our recipe for success has been a team that thrives on challenges, is passionate about solving problems, is not afraid to work super hard, and is a true partner in the company through generous stock option grants. We have attracted strong regional and international investors and are positioned on the cusp of significant scale. Read more about us in the New York Times or Arabian Business.
About the Role
The role holder would be responsible for supporting the Director of Procurement in building a procurement centre of excellence across Careem, transforming a legacy adhoc strategy and delivering hard savings across multi-functional spend portfolio, while enabling the business to stay agile while we rapidly scale.
- Strategy, analysis and reporting: Support in executing the procurement strategy including spend analysis, industry benchmarks, and transformation objectives to deliver optimized purchasing and hard cost savings across functions and locations.
- Create clear, detailed reports against benchmark KPIs to articulate spend at granular levels.
- Sourcing and vendor management: Vendor sourcing, evaluation, competitive bidding and negotiation. Experience in vendor management system to drive continuous improvements.
- Extensive procurement experience in travel, office supplies, and other general working alongside outsourced people provider
- Transformation and systems: Integrate best-of-breed procurement system to automate procurement, bidding, and reducing operating costs in procurement
- Cost saving and controls: Support and Drive adoption of tools and processes to increase turnaround times, eliminate non-compliant purchasing and reduce costs significantly while managing rapid growth
- Demonstrated experience in building multi-functional procurement team in technology environment, driving clear savings with emphasis on analytics and reporting
- 7+ years of experience in procurement from telco, retail, FMCG, tech industry preferred
- Emerging markets experience preferred
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.