Job description / Role
- Acts as a custodian for the procurement department as the Go-to Person for department activities,
- To manage and provide full support to assigned LoBs' with regards to all technical procurement requirements, ensuring the availability of all products / components at the right time, with optimum cost, and with accurate technical specifications, while complying with the approved procurement standards and financial terms. Maintains an on-going credible relation with the company's vendors', partners' and suppliers.
- Prepare the standards and performance measures (KPIs) for his/her team, submits to the Procurement Director to review and approve. Monitors their timely implementation.
- Collaborate with the Presales team in setting the suppliers' and vendors' evaluation criteria. Prepares Suppliers' Evaluation Questionnaire and ensures suppliers complete them, analyzes results, to identify the suppliers of choice along with the Presales team.
- Prepare and update regularly the Preferred Suppliers List, based on suppliers' performance, reliability measures, and inputs from the Purchasing reports. Ensures the Preferred Suppliers List is always updated on the system to avoid any inefficiencies in suppliers'.
- Ensure the preparation and revision of the preliminary Project Procurement Plan (PPP) and BOM, ensures obtaining Project Manager(s) approvals, while also ensuring that the relevant Technical Procurement Engineers attend the project internal kick-off meetings to stay abreast with all information.
- Ensure that his team along with the Purchasing responsible, regularly update and review the Project Procurement Plan (PPP) ensuring its timely execution.
- Provide insights on local and international identified suppliers' capabilities, to facilitate the decision of the locally produced components to achieve cost reduction and better lead-time, when possible.
- Make sure to accommodate the Local Content % is increased in the organization as required by KSA Government
- Prepare and submits a monthly activity report to the Procurement Director highlighting the material prices, payment terms and the progress of work in the Procurement activities.
- Establish and manages a process to measure and report qualified suppliers' reliability, in terms of quality, delivery time and flexibility in fulfilling orders.
- Communicate with Finance to ensure the most appropriate payment terms per supplier and ensures total compliance to all financial agreements to protect the company's cash flow management.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the company main components based on; best available prices, lead-time, payment terms, quality, and flexibility, reflecting suppliers' reliability, ensuring the involvement of the relevant counterpart from the Presales team.
- Conducts performance appraisals sessions of his direct report in due time.
- Autonomous Decision maker and leader
- Fluent in English / Arabic
- High communication and presentation skills to be able to manage relations with different internal stakeholders
- Min 10 -12 years of experience in the Procurement realm with focus on strategic sourcing
- ERP experience (Oracle / Microsoft) is a plus
- Reporting skills with abilities to generate different reports to support management decision making
- Past experience in IT / System Integration businesses is preferred
- Past experience in the Saudi Market including suppliers / manufacturers / Distributors
- B.Sc. in any discipline and an advanced degree is a plus.
About the Company
Giza Systems, a leading systems integrator in the MEA region, designs and deploys industry-specific technology solutions for asset-intensive industries such as the telecoms, utilities, oil and gas, hospitality and real estate among other market sectors. We help our clients streamline their operations and businesses through our portfolio of solutions, managed services, and consultancy practice. Our team of 1000 professionals are spread throughout the region with anchor offices in Cairo, Riyadh, Dubai, Doha, Nairobi, Dar-es-Salaam, Abuja, Kampala and New Jersey, allowing us to service an ever-increasing client base in over 40 countries.