Procurement Manager (Agriculture / Animal Feed)
Job description / Role
To manage the sourcing of goods & services from the best source with best price & quality within the delivery target to support the achievement of business goals, maintaining and strengthen business relations with key vendors, along with playing a key role in achieving organizational goals and objectives and providing high quality services to the stakeholders to ensure & enable a risk-free business operation.
Our client is a major FMCG organization recognized across the Middle East and GCC.
* Develop and execute Sourcing strategies & goals to achieve budgeted saving and excel in all Sourcing KPI's.
* Formulate negotiation strategies with related vendors and suppliers to secure profitable deals with best quality and lower prices.
* Develop, maintain global strategic supplier relationships, and obtain new sources aligned with strategic direction to support achievement of business goals and obtaining the best source.
* Proactively, maintain and build relationship with internal stakeholder, to understand and assess their experience with suppliers, identify improvements opportunities and take corrective actions when needed.
* Develop supplier's selection criteria and ensure their capabilities are properly assessed and evaluated to guarantee selection of the best supplier.
* Develop and ensure maintaining supplier's database, by overseeing profiles development to ensure suppliers availability when required.
* Analyze and calculate costs of sourcing and suggest methods to decrease expenditure to ensure achievements of saving targets.
* Lead the research and analysis activities to identify market trends and buying habits to maximize efficiencies
* Lead the assessment and benchmarking of sourcing, policies and procedures with latest and leading standards and practices to ensure they are aligned with international and national market trends, while ensuring taking improvement actions.
* Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand to avoid risk of negative inventory, in addition to assessing, managing, and mitigating risks to avoid Business interruption.
* Oversees the preparation of saving reports on a regular bases to ensure meeting overall saving goals and targets, and ensuring cost effective purchasing.
* Oversees the initiation and management of all contracts terms and conditions with related suppliers, and ensure alignment with internal customers requirement, legal conditions and internal policies and procedures, while ensuring all agreements and records are properly maintained.
* Collaborate with relevant internal stockholders in the identification of unsatisfactory area's related to vendors services and find improvement solutions accordingly.
* Manage the negotiation of materials reformulations to ensure price reduction while maintaining quality standards.
* Oversees the facilitations of tender's procedure, by ensuring tenders documents are collected from suppliers, internal stockholders are invited for tender opening, validation and confirmation activities are effectively conducted to ensure efficient procedures are implemented.
Attractive salary and benefit structure
* Minimum 5 years of experience within a well-recognized FMCG company.
* Bachelor's degree (Engineering, finance, Business administration)
* Experience managing agricultural or animal feed / stock procurement.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager (Food)
Middle East Executive
Director Procurement - Construction
|Saudi Arabia||17 Mar|