Job description / Role
• Working within integrated client teams, you will share your knowledge, experience and technical skills to work jointly with our clients and other supply chain partners to develop and deliver procurement solutions to complex project challenges.
• The Associate Director will head up the procurement element of the project and will be responsible for the day-to-day onsite procurement activities, liaising with the Client and their appointed consultants and representatives.
• Responsible for ensuring that all members of the procurement team carry out their work as required by the Client.
• When required, the Associate Director may provide input for strategic procurement decisions, this however will be done in collaboration with the wider Program or Project Management teams.
• This role will involve direct management of the procurement team acting as part of the Program or Project Management structure.
• This role will be varied in its scope depending on the project requirements however, the focus will be on the successful delivery of the day-to-day procurement activities.
• The Associate Director will also be providing input into the creation of standardised procurement processes and procedures for the project for approval by the Client.
• The Associate Director will be responsible for ensuring that all procurement activities comply with these approved processes and procedures.
• Experience working in a client-focused environment – working closely with clients, colleagues and other consultants to build and maintain relationships.
• Experience in leading strategy development, procurement and project delivery.
• Operating within large capital programs and complex projects.
• 10+ years of experience in Procurement profession.
• 5 years of experience in the Middle East.
• Ability to implement commercial policy, procurement and advice to customer teams.
• Responsibility of managing clients and stakeholders while striving to exceed their expectations.
• Manage personal workload and a large part of projects in collaboration with the project lead.
• Excellent document drafting and analysis skills.
• Knowledge of project management processes.
• Knowledge of FIDIC contracts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management (or related field) –Desired
• related experience, including supervisory/managerial experience
• Proficiency in various Project Controls Software and Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven ability to perform in a supervisory capacity
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices is required
About the Company
We achieve greater project results by offering the best talent, supported by a robust ecosystem, and driven by a common goal. We truly are the ‘Compass’ our clients turn to, for tailored project development consultancy services throughout the MENA region.
Believing the sum of all pieces is stronger, Compass have forged a strategic partnership with Dar Al Arkan, one of the region’s leading real estate developers. Together, we are building a truly progressive and cohesive alliance with the shared vision of enhancing built-environments and ultimately communities, throughout the Middle East and further afield.
Offering an integrated real estate development consultancy, our pooled experience delivers a world-class ecosystem of competencies for our Clients and a Team that will surpass the exacting requirements of each unique project.
As highly regarded project leaders and effective communicators, the Team at Compass delivers remits for some of the region's most ambitious and innovative change-makers, with this in mind, we are always looking for strong personalities to join us in our mission to evolve tomorrow, today.
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Senior Procurement Manager
Compass Project Consulting
Senior Procurement Manager
|Saudi Arabia||27 Jul|
Procurement Performance Manager
|Saudi Arabia||19 Jul|