Job description / Role
At Amazon, we pioneer.
We also treat every day just like it’s day one. And we never sit still while we do it. Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Amazon is seeking an exceptional Procurement Manager who will represent the Procurement Team in Riyadh, KSA. These roles require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating the demand identification, procurement, and inventory management of all non-merchandise items
- Develop and utilize demand forecast models
- Working with Non Inventory Receivers and Management to establish organized storage areas for Non-Inventory supplies
- Managing vendors to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance
- Develop and utilize metrics to measure operational readiness and non-inventory performance
- Source and negotiate procurement agreements
- Administer and manage local/national contracts for supplies and service
- Partnering with internal customers to positively influence spending decisions
- Develop and implement plans to achieve annual fixed and supply costs savings
- Interface with other stakeholders to implement best practices and consistency between buildings
- Issue appropriate Purchase Orders and help manage Capital Authorization Requests (CAR)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, IT, or related field
- Relevant strategic sourcing and procurement experience; preferably in an operational procurement function.
- Experience leading new or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined, implemented and iterated/refined
- In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench marking, should-cost models, RFx)
- Proficiency with tools/systems to analyze data including Excel, Access or data management systems
- Proficiency with Purchasing tools (Coupa, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Experience working with distributed teams
- English and Arabic working proficiency is essential
- MBA or Advanced degree in Engineering or other quantitative disciplines
- CIPS qualification
- Experience in MENA
- Demonstrated performance in prior role(s), with increasing levels of responsibility.
- A desire to grow professionally as the role’s responsibility grows rapidly with the business.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- English is essential, Arabic is advantageous
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.