Job description / Role
The Procurement Officer has full ownership and accountability of company MEP engineering, project management procurement responsibilities across a variety of categories and suppliers in accordance with all laws in the countries of presence and in accordance with directions from the VP Estimations, Procurement & Project Control and the Board of Directors.. The Responsibility also includes but is not limited to creating and implementing the end-end procurement strategy and processes and developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
• Sourcing suppliers; developing requests for information (RFI), requests for proposals (RFP) and request for quotations (RFQ), drafting, reviewing and clarifying specifications, and vendor agreements.
• The procurement officer works with customers and technical personnel’s to develop solicitations and final vendor agreements.
• Solicit bids, evaluate quotations and award bids to vendors - award decision is based on “best value” and total cost of ownership.
• Maintain report of savings and cost avoidance along with value add accomplishments.
• Develops and implements purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
• Trains staff on approach to follow to interact with suppliers
• Recommends ways to consolidate vendors and thus reduce cost (e.g., through preferred hotels)
• Creates and maintains updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
• Researches potential vendors, compares and evaluates offers from suppliers
• Manages the competitive procurement of items (materials, resources and services) requited by teams in charge of programs and initiatives
• Manages contract negotiations in coordination with Legal Advisor and teams in charge of programs and initiatives and ensures suitable contract conditions are negotiated with suppliers in order to ensure the company is protected from a risk and legal perspective in coordination with Legal Advisor
• Maintains good relations with suppliers and ensures they have all information needed.
• Ensures the contract conditions are satisfied by suppliers as negotiated in coordination with teams
• Prepares regular reports, e.g., on number of suppliers, top suppliers, overall purchasing expenses etc
• Supports the budget process by providing costs forecasts based projected needs of teams and knowledge of suppliers’ practices
• Bachelor’s degree, with mechanical OR Electrical
• At least 5 years of experience in purchasing and procurement with 2 years’ experience in MEP Contractor
• Solid knowledge and understanding of MEP procurement processes, policy, and systems progressive work experience in Procurement, selecting and screening vendors, soliciting bids, analyzing quotations, preparing Purchase Orders and expediting deliveries of goods or services.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.