Job description / Role
About the Position
- To make the production process as efficient as possible. To use various principles of engineering, technology, manufacturing and management science. It is a vocation that has significant overlap with manufacturing and industrial engineering.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Identify definite requirements and prepare the specific schedules for testing, sampling and analyzing plant processes equipment. Coordinate with support groups and participate in its implementation
- Participate in HAZOP process and other plant operations reviews
- Participate in the efforts and compliance to documented procedures, quality standards and responsible care codes
- Prepare production plan
- Monitor production and consumption data to find any deviations from the design. Must identify reasons for deviation and formulate corrective actions
- Monitor available stocks of process consumables and initiate timely actions to procure required inventory
- Develop daily work instructions through instruction log book
- Participate on troubleshooting analysis in the plants and coordinate with process engineer in identifying the root cause of the problem and identifying areas that require technical changes on production plans
- Collect feedback/suggestions from Shift Supervisors/Engineers/Operators about their day-to-day observations or difficulties in the plants and deliver solutions to improve the operation
- Maintain records of production, specific consumption and critical parameters
- Participate in the preparation of monthly and annual budgets
- Prepare daily, monthly and annual summary reports to be submitted to the management
- Monitor process plant utilization and energy consumptions. Also the efficiency of plant and major equipment
- Interact with operations and maintenance group for optimum utilization of resources
- Provide expertise to build a strong operation team by giving necessary inputs on how to improve team knowledge and performance
- Improve self-knowledge by participating in trade fairs, conferences and seminars
- Review professional documents, vendor information, technical reports and other materials of interest to the process. Provide a summary for section and company use
- Ensure full participation in "Eureka" and encourage shift workers to drive better participation
About the Candidate
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field or equivalent
- P1 : no experience P2: min 5 years' of experience in chemical management resources or environment
Behavioral/ Leadership Competency
- Result Orientation
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving
- Safety Orientation
- Equipment Life Cycle Management
- Process Improvement & Optimization
- Engineering Analysis
- Engineering Systems and Tools
- Safety Measures and Standards
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.
Field Operator (Process)
A Leading Shipping Company in Fujairah
Swisslinx Middle East
Production Engineer IDC
Control Room Operator
A Leading Shipping Company in Fujairah
Oryx Engineering Solutions