Job description / Role
New Vacancy - Production Manager – Jeddah, Saudi (Petrochemicals).
Reporting to the GM you will be responsible for Planning, Supervising and Coordinating the Operations (Maintenance, Supply Chain, and the Health & Safety departments) of the Factory/Plant and related Utilities including responsibility for ensuring that short and medium Term Production Targets are met at a minimum cost consistent with Specified Production Quality Standards. Coordinate with Safety, Plant Engineers, and Maintenance Staff to ensure that adequate Resources are brought, and coordinate Long Term Plan and Development of both Production Facilities and Personnel.
• Supervises the activities of Assigned Personnel in Production section
• Carries out Supervisory duties and exercises Financial Authority at the level established by Management for the Position;
• Establishes and maintains Overall Emergency Procedures and Oversees Emergency Training in cooperation with Safety Department;
• Acts as Emergency Field Leader in case of Plant Emergency;
• Oversees the Operation of the Production Units includes Setting Priorities consistent with Department and Plant Goals;
• Assigning Projects and Setting Targets for Projects and following through to their Successful Completion;
• Overseeing the preparation of Operating Procedures carrying out Safety Audits etc;
• Coordinates the preparation of Plant Operating Budget and monitor Performance on a regular basis to ensure the Plant is operating Safely and Profitably;
• Committing and Planning Resources, setting Deadlines and following up to successful completion;
• Reviewing and discussing general Operations, Production Projects and Inventories;
• Participate in long term Resources Planning in support of identified Production Plans, includes determining future Manpower needs and ways to achieve Manpower objectives for the successful Operation of the Plant;
• Providing input for Planning purposes in support areas such as Maintenance and Technical and determining the needs for Equipment Expansion and Modification;
• Coordinates the Manpower Training and developments of Saudi nationals for the Unit, includes identifying Manpower developments needs;
• Coordinates Plant Operations on Weekends and Holidays;
• Reviews Plant Progress and Problems each day and coordinates Resolution of Special Problems in conjunction with the Operations Manager & General Manager;
• Responsible for carrying out his duties to the highest quality standards to be aware of Company s Quality Program and to be aware of and to comply with department’s Standard Operating Procedures;
• Carries out other similar or related duties as required;
• Ensures that all activities in his area are carried out in accordance with the requirements in accordance with established Production Objectives and specific Work Programs;
• Reacts independently in amending Operating Conditions to Alleviate Problems or Optimize Production
• Major decisions are taken after Consultation with General Manager
• Participates in the Evaluation and Selection of any Third Party Engineering (if required) and Preferred Suppliers
• Hosts, Attends and Participates in Management Meetings
• Bsc in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University. Masters is added advantage.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Plant Operations. Experience in Calcium Carbonate Manufacturing preferred;
• Industrial and Manufacturing experience from preferably Petrochemical Industry in the GCC / preferably Saudi Arabia
• Ability to work around Process Equipment, including Traversing Ladders and Stairs
• Must be able to Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Technical knowledge of Process and Operations of Calcium Carbonate and Compounded Calcium Carbonate Manufacturing;
• Ability to perform basic Process Calculations;
• Familiarity with OSHA, Life Safety Codes & other Essentials;
• General knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control Systems and Operation of Process Equipment utilized in Plants;
• Proficient in utilization of MS Office Products, including Outlook, Excel, and Word, PowerPoint;
• Familiarity with Vendors and Suppliers of Process Equipment and Services;
• Basic knowledge of Process Control Equipment-Hardware and Software;
• Ability to justify and engineer Capital Improvement Projects that reduce Operating Cost, improve Efficiency, improve Production, ensure Quality, or increase Area Presence in Strategic Markets;
• High level Strategic Project and Work Planning and Control; Non-Authority Leadership; Interpersonal Communications skills, Problem-Solving; Decision-Making; Employee Development and Team Building skills.
• Ability to negotiate and influence within a Collaborative Framework.
• Demonstrated initiative to Analyze and Resolve Problems quickly, efficiently and collaboratively.
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate Future Trends/Consequences and create Innovative Strategies
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English;
• Preference will be given to candidates with similar background;
• Open to any nationality with no Visa Complications to Saudi Arabia/Overseas.
If suitable and interested in this excellent opportunity, please forward updated CV’s in word.doc format for review. Alternatively, should you know anyone suitable and interested, please kindly refer across. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days.
About the Company
Global Bankers Search & Selection Ltd provides specialist recruitment services to Clients in the Banking and Financial Services sector. We work with a diverse range of Organisations and have an excellent track-record of identifying and attracting high-calibre, mid senior executive level Candidates based globally for Permanent, Interim and Contract positions. We also offer a comprehensive, bespoke Search and Selection and Mapping Service.
Our Consultants are experienced professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the industry, so they fully understand the kinds of challenges you face. Our searches span the UK / GCC / MENA / Far East / Asia Pacific Regions. Our network of contacts includes talented professionals within, but not limited to, the following specialisms:
Finance & Accounting Investment Banking / Investment Management Retail Banking Islamic Banking Corporate & Commercial Banking Private Banking & Wealth Management Treasury IT into Finance HR into Banking & Finance Mortgage & Secured Loans Brokerages Lenders & Packagers
Global Bankers Search and Selection
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Manufacturing Manager - Highly Reputable Modular Construction Company
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent