Job description / Role
Production Operations/Maintenance Manager
Opportunity for Production Operations / Maintenance Manager in Riyadh, KSA for a Bottled Water production Factory (under construction)
We are seeking an ambitious, talented, organized Production / Maintenance Manager to join our growing company. Implement systems and procedures to ensure manufacturing operations of the factory meets production plans, product quality and cost standards.
Ensure quality orientation and identify quality improvement programs to improve the cost effectiveness of the manufacturing process for the factory.
Monitor working conditions to ensure the continued provision of a safe and healthy working environment for the factory. In this role, talent and efforts will be essential to the day-to-day operation management and successful completion of exciting, high-profile production facility, and company.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: (The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to :)
• Planning and directing both manufacturing and maintenance operations;
• Initiating plans and processes that minimize manufacturing costs;
• Managing spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume;
• Staffing and directing the plant workforce;
• Maintaining and improving safety and housekeeping ;
• Creating and maintaining a system of metrics for reporting production statistics, maintenance schedule, utilization, efficiency, etc...
4-year degree (Bachelor’s degree) in a technical / electrical or industrial engineering field (or equivalent), preferably in bottled water manufacturing, soft drinks, food, and beverages industries, and at least 5 years' related work experience is required with at least 2 years in a leadership role of maintenance supervision / management experience.
• 3+ years of manufacturing experience in advancing roles
• Must have water/beverage/soft drinks processing/manufacturing experience in high speed manufacturing lines
• Strong maintenance/technical experience
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Using the MRP scheduling and work center loading reports to ensure the smooth processing of work orders through the entire operation to meet customer requested delivery dates
• Using the MRP scheduling and work center loading reports to determine required resources to meet sales/customer demands.
• Ensures compliance to all company policies and local laws and environment
• Hard worker and can work under pressure and for long hours
• Can adapt easily to foreign cultures, (ME/Saudi) and perform distinguish under harsh weather conditions
• Manage a diverse maintenance organization to support manufacturing of bottled drinking water products in various packaging configurations
• Through subordinate staff, will supports corrective and preventative maintenance activities for the manufacturing facility, filling, packaging equipment, water systems such as RO Water Treatment Plant - Reverse Osmosis, and allied systems
• HE must be able to manage the allocation of labor and raw materials to make sure the product meets the customer requirements and is made within budget and delivered on time
• He will be directly responsible for all production, maintenance, and warehouse activities with the overriding goal of meeting customer requirements from a quality, cost, and delivery standpoint. A primary responsibility of this role is to ensure the accuracy of labor and raw material allocations to work orders to ensure accuracy of cost accounting
• Initiate and maintain a positive, productive team relationship with department leads and operators
• Responsible for training program, and effectiveness of training, for new employees
• Working with the Accounting, Materials, and Plant General Manager, maintain inventory accuracy including, costing off production overruns, monitoring material issuance to work orders, keeping inventory properly stored and identified, performing physical inventories and cycle counts, and identifying uses for drops and centers
• Ensures maintenance personnel and operators maintain equipment to a preventive maintenance schedule
• Supports the implementation of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement objectives as identified by the Plant General Manager to maximize manufacturing efficiencies and throughput
• Assure that all business practices are handled in an ethical and professional manner
• Any other tasks and duties as identified by the Plant General Manager
Candidates with experience in water bottling/soft drinks from reputable and international companies are preferred but we will also consider other relevant experience in the fields, food/beverage (especially liquid processing) or other FDA/GMP industry experience.
About the Company
A leading water & beverages company in Saudi Arabia.