Job description / Role
The Production Planning position will primarily be responsible for commercial optimization of IGCC operations within defined operating envelopes. This position is a key interface between Saudi Aramco Jazan refinery production planning team and IGCC Operations team. This position needs to be familiar with the feedstocks, products, bi-products of IGCC complex, impacts of supply upsets and the inventory management of inventory volumes in order to ensure that the IGCC JV meets its obligation to Saudi Aramco.
This position requires a broad knowledge and experience in the IGCC (Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle) business with a strong ability to analyze data, diagnose complex business and operational process needs and possess strong leadership, work process and communication skills
The position is responsible for all aspects of the IGCC Production Planning for the JV which covers the supply of 6+ feedstock streams, 20+ product stream’s and 6+ bi-product streams. They ensure that the customers objectives and business interests are understood in the relationship. The incumbent is responsible for establishing relationships at the Saudi Aramco’s Jazan Refinery Production team, understanding and communicating Saudi Aramco’s refining requirements to IGCC Operations team, Communicating the technical limitations and/or planned maintenance that would impact the IGCC Product delivery to Saudi Aramco.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The job holder will be responsible for all aspects of Production Planning for the Jazan IGCC facility, to include the following main responsibilities:
• Leads process for setting Long Term, Medium Term and Short Term forecasting and production planning.
• Balance the feedstock availability with product requires using facility ASPEN model against the any operations, maintenance and other constraints with Saudi Aramco counterparts.
• Communicate the impact of Feedstock Switch on the ability to achieve the Nominated Output from IGCC plant to Saudi Aramco and develop Feedstock switching plan
• Communicate key optimization targets, constraints and trade-offs to other disciplines
• Develops procedures and work process for forecasting and production planning.
• Develops basis for and aligned with Saudi Aramco critical inventory levels and response procedures for upset conditions to facilitate the overall complex availability.
• Continuously monitors and communicates with Operations team to ensure consistency with established inventory control guidelines and production plans.
• The job holder shall be intimately familiar with all the critical agreements ; IGCC Feedstock, Product Supply Agreement and Auxiliary Services agreements. The job holder shall closely collaborate with Commercial Director to include daily production targets, communication of upsets impacting the IGCC revenues. Due to the commercial complexity and highly technical nature of site this is complex balancing act.
• 20+ different process units with a high degree of integration and technical production complexity within the IGCC.
• 5 Feedstocks streams with complex production impacts to multiple products.
• 25+ Products and Bi-Products, all with high availability guarantees.
• 5 Efficiency Guarantees all linked together with the unit operation.
• VR and HSFO to steam, power and Hydrogen.
• ULSD usage and efficiency guarantees.
• ASU specific power production of GOX & GAN.
• Propane – Butane Consumption.
• HSD usage consumption.
• Monitors laboratory results associated with all the Feedstocks & Products of IGCC Complex and ensures that corrective actions are taken to correct and/or mitigate off-spec supply.
• Identifies opportunities and collaborates with other stakeholders across multiple functions to enhance operational performance without compromising product supply requirements to Saudi Aramco’s Jazan. Include close collaboration with the IGCC Operations and Maintenance organizations.
• Coordinating & Coaching team members (Planners & Schedulers) within the IGCC and through the value-chain on IGCC & Refinery Capability, Feasibility and Scheduling
• Create strategies for efficiency, cost / revenue effective scheduling of outages and shutdowns.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Science, Engineering or Business.
• Minimum 10 years industry experience in Petro-Chemical plant production planning.
• An understanding of oil refinery process units & their operational capabilities and awareness of refining economics.
• An understanding of petrochemical production planning scheduling tools and systems.
• Some experience with Linear Programming Optimization tools such as Aspen or equivalent.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and strong written and oral presentation skills in English
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.