Job description / Role
The Lead Production Supervision Specialist/ Operations Leader is responsible for Fulfillment 5 leadership within a repair Cell. He/She will be responsible to execute production plans for the Cell while ensuring the highest standards of EHS, Quality and Productivity are maintained. The Operations Leader reports to the Cell Leader and has direct supervisory responsibilities for the hourly operators on their shift.
- Operationalizing and sustaining Fulfillment-5 metrics execution on EHS, Quality, Delivery, Cost & Productivity
- Driving a 'zero exception' culture with EHS; sustaining Operations compliance to Regulatory & Non Regulatory regulations by engaging the shop floor operators on a daily basis
- Helping the Quality team to operationalize & ensure compliance to QMS procedures
- Leading tactical operations rhythm and working inclusively with EHS, Engineering, Quality, and HR to
resolve shop floor issues promptly
- Driving On-Time-Delivery for the Cell through execution of repair jobs to plan
- Ownership of job cost review process throughout the life-cycle of each repair
- Ownership of Utilization, capacity planning and manpower planning for the cell
- Championing productivity initiatives and cost reduction projects in the cell -Championing 5S Lean initiatives within the cell
- Experience in a leadership role within a power generation repair business
- Ability to lead and motivate others within a team environment
- Good understanding of workshop practices/processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead change
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated EHS and Quality focus
- Proficiency with computer tools (MS Office minimum)
- BS/BA/BEng degree in Engineering or Business
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Certified (GE employees)
- 1 - 2 years experience in related job (preferred).
- Project Management skills
- Experience with Lean deployment
- Good working knowledge of manufacture/repair processes associated with GE Gas Turbine components.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.