Job description / Role
The Principal Program Manager provides leadership and direction for all aspects of a strategic program and implementation to achieve the target outcomes. This requires working closely with GE customers to understand and define high level scope, project plans and resourcing at all stages of a project or program lifecycle.
In this role, you will:
• Support TCO and ROI calculations, HW specification, value roadmap setup, governance model definition including scorecards, communication planning, and customer satisfaction.
• Focus on bringing multiple projects in on time and on budget while helping our customers control scope.
• Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites including the activities of staff and subcontractors
• Managing the delivery of various IT large-scale complex technology projects
• Providing direction and guidance to the cross-functional project team for setting tactical strategies based on solid experience in the full lifecycle of the project
• Primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
• Proactively provide customers with product and services information and project updates
• Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software
• Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
• Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution.
• Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
• Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
• Participate in the development of proposals for projects
• Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
• Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
• Negotiate change orders with the customers
• Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
• Lead a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors
• Can instruct others on processes and procedures. Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues. Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use. Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management. Defines quality requirements.
• Modifies processes to simplify.
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues.
• Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions. Embraces uncertainty, isolates root causes and implement corrective actions to evolve long term organizational best practices.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Major professional experience in leading and implementing Enterprise Hospital Information Systems in a Mulit-Site / Multi-Cluster environment.
• Must have manged several 100$MM$ of Revenue and cost profiles
• Sound understanding of IT Implementation Methodologies ie. PMP, ITIL, COBIT, TOGAF, ISO etc.
• Experience with CxO level communications and customer relationship development
• Lean Six Sigma experience
• Sound understanding of Cloud technologies
• Professional documentation approach to Program Management
• Familiar with Windows, .NET, SQL databases, Web Services and SOA technologies.
• Proactively engage with customers in order to setup the core Project Management elements
• Project Charter
• Project Plan
• Cost and Billing Forecast
• Change Management System
• Governance Model
• Interact with all members of the governance model, escalate items as needed through the model and run a regular meeting for each committee.
• Develop and implement processes to ensure best use of GE products and services to meet IT Solution deployment requirements.
• Establish broad review processes to improve and obtain support for the proposed solutions.
• Engage throughout the full lifecycle of assigned projects, influencing decisions on architecture, design, and functionality to keep programs on track in terms of budget, time, and customer expectations.
• Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, with peers and team members as an inclusive leader, supporting pre-sale strategy, Services consulting efforts, and project execution.
• Prefer experience with Healthcare Integration Standards
• Proven track record in dynamic high paced environment
• Experience in software analysis, design, quality assurance, SW methodology, and architecture.
• Proven ability to understand new software development practices, languages, and tools.
• Proven business acumen to understand the impact of scope changes not just from a schedule perceptive but from a ROI and TCO perspective also.
• Leading the technical aspects of the project on a strategic level, working on national projects, leading teams in different locations and with a multitude of skill sets
• Understanding healthcare workflow and processes
• Instructs others on how to thoroughly analyze data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for key stakeholders to make decisions; links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies.
• Communicates the importance of understanding customer's business strategies to become an advocate for profitability on behalf of the customer - actively reviews accounts, meets with customers, observes sales force, etc. Coaches/mentors peers and others on the relationship between GE solutions and value to the customer.
• Proven track record and ability to develop new opportunities
• Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; assists customer in identifying shortcomings even when they may delay a commercial decision; utilizes GE experts to propose creative ways for the customer to master the critical success factors; articulates a roadmap that provides a high likelihood of the customer realizing expected business benefits and other key stakeholders achieving desired personal success; is accountable for overall customer success.
• Coaches/mentors others on best practices for project delivery and execution. Acts as advisor to others in the area of customer satisfaction; focuses on tangible and intangible benefits to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction.
• Helps team members understand their contributions in support of the broader direction. Continuously measures the completion rate of personal and team deliverables and compares them to the scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
• Creates meaningful stories and two-way communications that drive behavior. Communicates functional strategy and roadmap with sufficient detail for teams to utilize. Describes functional area information to leaders. Coaches others on effective presentation skills. Collaborates with leadership on mediums and messages that drive the intended direction of the organization with measurable results. Determines the need for theoretical explanations vs. a business actionable answer in a presentation.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.