Job description / Role
We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join Amazon. Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating programs as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead process improvement initiatives? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams?
Join Amazon retail, operations, technology, or devices as a Program Manager. We are looking for candidates with a strong record of owning and executing strategic, cross-functional projects as well as partnering with other teams to drive key process improvement programs. This role requires working with business teams across the company to define requirements and high level process/system solutions, leading cross-functional teams and managing the timelines to support organization wide project launches. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential, as are a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and get into the details that will make our offering world-class.
- An innovative project manager with superior analytical abilities and preferred experience in Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new software; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization
- Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences
- Provide day-to-day support during the roll out/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
- Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions and prepare functional specifications
- Work experience is preferred (2 – 4 years)
- MBA from repute institute
- Exposure to data mining tools like SQL ,SAS, SPSS etc
- Has managed critical operational processes, with end to end business responsibility.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment operations, similar hands-on experience
- Experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- Strong process definition and optimization skills; proven ability to define effective, efficient, and scalable processes and drive continuous improvement through root cause identification and defect elimination.
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with cross functional interactions.
- Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
- Must be metrics-driven. Have a background in quantitative decision making, ability to drive business/operations metrics, and driving adoption of different tools and resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in collaborative management environment, succeeding through regular meetings and clear formal and informal communication with members of various teams.
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.