Job description / Role
To direct, control and co-ordinate the execution of projects, under the leadership of the Senior Project Manager, involving high technology equipment, engineering and services to achieve project completion on time, within budget and at the required levels of quality taking into account safety and reliability.
To assist the Senior Project Manager in providing project input, in the areas of scope definition and preparation of engineering data, to the Business Matrix Core team, for the preparation of customer bids/proposals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead a multidisciplinary team of Project Control staff to ensure Project costs and schedule are effectively managed through the various stages of a project.
• Ensure that all Project Controls activities are in accordance with Project Controls plan and Project Procedures Including preparation of schedules, cost reports, cash flow and variance analysis
• Develop a Project Controls organization chart reflecting target manpower loading.
• Provide input to Project Manager of risk levels for the Project
• Ensure that the Project is properly resourced with competent Project Controls staff
• Exercising management responsibility with respect to the appraisal in accordance with the competency assessment guideline, and training of competent project controls staff in accordance with KDL
• Initiate and monitor weekly schedule status reviews, analysis of schedule trends and formulation of recommended corrective action.
• To initiate and supervise preparation of periodic cost re-forecasts after completion of Definitive
• Initiate and supervise maintenance of current budget allocation at detailed estimate level and at re-cast summary level.
• Responsible to oversee, implement, maintain and support the continued development of enterprise management tools such as Primavera P3, P6, MS project, PCMS, CCMS, DMS, etc. and contract management tools.
• Lead and oversee analyzes and evaluation of the Project’s subcontract(s)
• Lead and oversee assistance and guidance to the Project Manager in the proper Contract Management of the Client Contract
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University Degree in Engineering.
• 8 to 12 years’ experience in Project Controls.
• Professionally qualified, graduate. Professional registration with appropriate Institutes.
• Proven ability in managing and developing global Project Controls within the engineering and construction sector.
• Practical experience of operating Project Controls in a subcontract and direct labour force environment.
• Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
• Practical experience of managing Project Controls function in a range of cultural and geographical and complex environments.
• Conversant with operating in a ‘Functionally’ structured organization.
• Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong team leader, proven interpersonal and relationship skills, self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
• Ideally experienced in Oil & Gas sector.
• Role requires extensive travel.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.