Job description / Role
Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and quality review. Manages project controls personnel. Establishes operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project managers.
• Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems.
• Calculates, reports and recommends on project data including schedule, cost/budget, risk, quality, and safety.
• Develops cash flow forecasts.
• Supports / performs integration of scope, cost and schedule within the WBS and ensure mapping is accurate on an on-going basis.
• Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule.
• Assesses the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages
• Reports status of schedule to appropriate project and Company management
• Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
• Develops and maintains critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
• Customizes project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
• Accumulates historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
• May supervise and provide performance reviews for one or more lower-level Project Control Engineer and/or support personnel.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Manage the weekly and monthly progress report protocols / templates for progress reporting and monitoring progress against it.
• Prepare project advice for any site progress / planning concern that may impact site progress.
• Prepare and manage the daily escalation report for project managers.
• Overseeing the preparation of risk assessments and mitigation plans.
• Ensure and manage effective information and document transfer at all levels Establishing the document coding structure for all documents.
• Manage and develop the document control system and communication flow for the project.
• Cost reporting
• Reviewing contract documents, suggesting changes for planning and programming aspects and the addition of new clauses if necessary.
• Manage the design, procurement and construction progress for compliance with contract requirements.
• Arrange and manage planning and cost control workshops/meetings to discuss and assist contractors / consultants to close their planning / project control issues.
• Manage the set-up of Project schedule
• Manage the preparation of the master programme for the project.
• Manage and review construction programmes received from contractors and analyse them in line with the contractual requirements.
• Preparing design programs for projects under design and guideline programs for projects to be started / under-progress.
• Making recommendations for possible acceleration.
• Review and assess any claims for variations or change orders from the main contractor or client and inform the commercial team of the potential cost impact.
• Ensure document control processes and procedures are sufficient to enable proper and recordable transfer of documents between the Project Management Team, the client, contractors, consultants, and other parties.
• Preparation and distribution of regular reports,
• Prepare escalation reports for the project management team;
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress presentations
• Prepare risk assessment and mitigation plans
• Review contracted scopes and project deliverables
• Identify any gaps and provide recommendations to close any scope gaps.
• To detail out the approved Cost plan, Maintain and Monitoring the Schedules / Budgets of the Project.
• To track the scope of variations happening from time to time and prepare the reports on Cost & Time implications of the project.
• Experience leading small teams
• Experience with Project Controls management relating to cost, scheduling and estimating at a project level
• Familiarity with project controls tools and work processes
• Experience across all phases of Engineering, Procurement and Construction
• Knowledge of contracts and contract administration including its assessment and implementation at each phase of the project
• Demonstrated ability to work with project teams to influence and achieve desired results
• Proficiency in MS Office (spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, graphics) and Project Controls software (Primavera and ERP cost management)
About the Company
Headquartered in Riyadh, Rafal Real Estate Company was founded in late 2007, with the objective of developing distinguished communities with unique lifestyle, offering both, clients and Investors, a real opportunity to live and invest in style.
RAFAL is owned by leading business groups in KSA; namely, A. K. Al Muhaidib & Sons Co., Ibrahim A. Abunayyan & Bros Co., and Arabian Tawazon for Commercial Investment Co. Ltd.