Project Control Specialist
Job description / Role
Project Control Specialist will manage the project control resources required to deliver a multiple millions Sars cross functional engineering project. Support the project manager with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement. Management of the project cost control team including cost engineers, planners and QS. Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring the Project controls team produce weekly / monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
• Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
• Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple suppliers
• Support and advise on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects
• Support the development of requirements for specific resource-loaded schedules.
• Work closely with the Project Manager, commercial manager and Project QS to maximise the potential of the project
• Bachelor’s Degree relevant field is preferred and minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Effective communication within team and with stakeholders
• An experienced user of the relevant Programme tools, techniques
• Experience in the implementation of Earned Value Management based Project Control systems, in accordance with relevant national standards
• Experience in working on NEC 3 projects
• Practical ability to utilise critical project management concepts (e.g. EVM, project planning, risk analysis, configuration management
• Computer literate & experienced in Microsoft Office
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.