Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Project Controller Position for the Saudi Arabia operations has become available. Start your career with Baker Hughes a GE company, a leader in the Oilfield Services industry.
- Proactive in managing financial and accounting matters and appropriate actions to improve controls and reporting.
- Coordinate the implementation of financial project controls, project system in SAP, and procedures based on contract requirements
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions associated with the project by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Ensure consistent and accurate reporting and forecasting of revenue, cost, progress, schedules, and contingencies.
- Understanding and applying basics of engineering, drilling, supply chain, HR, and PL operations for estimating revenue, fixed and variable costs, activity rates, and indirect costs
- Participate in relevant project meetings to ensure financial control of the projects
- Prepare well profitability and rolling project plans with breakdown of in-scope, out of scope work, NPT etc.
- Process and procedures to collect cost, and procurements from rig sites for cost tracking. Review these against actual vendor invoices and advise of any required changes etc.
- Review all costs charged to Projects in SAP on daily basis and liaise with Project Manager to ensure costs have been correctly recorded and allocated.
- Responsible for review and accuracy for third party invoices properly supported, charges are correct, and invoiced to the client/sub-contractors if necessary.
- Assesses the impact of scope of work changes and schedule slippages.
- Present monthly/quarterly overview of project financial status to Leadership teams.
- Responsible for Cost Center and WBS stewardship, monitoring project budgets and all project related expenses.
- Oversee invoicing function and ensure sales orders, service orders, and invoicing is performed on a timely basis and all required data is captured.
- Prepare and provide monthly unbilled revenue and expense accruals to EFO for closing
- Participate in daily operations meeting and other meetings as required to stay up to date on project activities.
- Provide weekly overview of well profitability to Project Manager and monthly overview of project profitability to Geomarket /PC leadership team.
- Review, monitor, and update activity rates to minimize over/under absorption of costs.
- Participate subcontractor audits and vendor reviews on a periodic basis.
- Develops strong working relationships with all members of project team and leads the team in financial discussions.
- Assist project manager in project closure and prepare financial documents for after action reviews. Develop actions to correct unfavorable variances, mitigate risks, and improve profitability and cash flow
- Manages, develops, and leads Project Finance staff
- Graduates with finance/accounting as one of the main subjects. CPA or equivalent Preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' work experience in finance/accounting roles. Prefer 2+ year's management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting requirements for Product Segment/location.
- Excellent communication and Strong analytical skills with ability to interact with all levels of management.
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.