Job description / Role
Role – Estimation Engineer
Location – Saudi Arabia
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall estimating technical expertise in support of oil and gas capital projects.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) in resolving cost estimating issues while supporting capital projects and programs.
- Analyze and evaluate commercial and technical proposals submitted by project management teams or contractors.
- Discuses, coordinate, and resolve estimating problems with personnel throughout the Company and with contractor organizations.
- Prepare multidisciplinary conceptual and definitive cost estimates for Saudi Company capital projects.
- Mentor and supports the review of cost estimates prepared by level II and IV estimators to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the scope of work.
- Assist with bid analyses and contract negotiations.
- Participate in the analysis of major capital projects to plan the most cost-effective executions in light of experience and current industry practices.
- Perform complete analyses and cost validations using internal and external benchmarking data, historical indices, and component benchmarking.
- Be able to utilize computer-estimating applications and other solutions in support of developing cost estimates to different levels of accuracy.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years of work experience in estimating and constructing major oil and gas facilities. AND working as an estimating engineer using AspenTech Capital Cost Estimator (ACCE) for the last 3 years while preparing cost estimates for oil and gas projects.
- OR 10 years of experience in estimating including at least 5 years in preparing cost estimates for oil and gas projects. Candidates must be familiar with construction practices, materials, and equipment.
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
- 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas industry.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.