Job description / Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Controls Manager to form part of our Project Management Consultant (PMC) project team, based on a large mixed-use project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The main objective of the PMC is to implement and manage the overall Development Programme
Roles and Responsibilities
The Project Controls Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Manage the Project Controls requirements of the scope and Development of the Project Controls Strategy in accordance with the Employer Requirements,
• Interface with the project management team and all key stakeholders.
• Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple sub-contractors.
• Manage the weekly and monthly progress report protocols / templates for progress reporting and monitoring progress against it.
• Establishment of earned value management guidance and tools for project performance monitoring and reporting,
• Manage the preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports/presentations for the client.
• Assisting in establishing / delivering formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the client and project in accordance with the employer requirements.
• Prepare project advice for any site progress / planning concern that may impact site progress.
• Prepare and manage the daily escalation report and early warnings for project managers.
• Overseeing the preparation of risk assessments and mitigation plans.
• Ensure and manage effective information and document transfer at all levels
• Establishing the document coding structure for all documents.
• Manage and develop the document control system and communication flow for the project.
• Ensure procurement, material and submittal logs are created and maintained.
• Manage and identify long lead items.
• Reviewing contract documents, suggesting changes for planning and programming aspects and the addition of new clauses if necessary.
• Manage the design, procurement and construction progress for compliance with contract requirements.
• Arrange and manage planning workshops/meetings to discuss and assist contractors / consultants to close their planning / project control issues.
• Manage the set-up of Primavera Project Management System.
• Manage the preparation of the master programme for the project.
• Manage and review construction programmes received from contractors and analyse them in line with the contractual requirements.
• Preparing design programs for projects under design and guideline programs for projects to be started / under-progress.
• Provide assistance and advice in the management of claims and disputes,
• Prepare claim and counter- claim register including “cause and effect” of all events in claims logs,
• Review delay and disruption analysis in response to contractors’ claims,
• Making recommendations for possible acceleration,
• Challenge any claims and EOT requests, prepare recommendation reports as required
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Construction related discipline
• Possess over 10 years of total experience and at least 3 years’ experience in the Middle East, preferably KSA
• Knowledge of current cost, schedule, and document control software (ex: Oracle P6, Excel, Prism, SAP, and SharePoint)
• Strong experience in PCM of major projects
• Preferably with experience of real estate development
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision
• Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).