Job description / Role
Project Controls Manager - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
An expanding engineering organisation in Saudi Arabia are recruiting for a Project Controls Manager to be based in Riyadh. This position will report to the Head of Projects.
- Support the appropriate pre-project planning activities including development of project objectives, front end execution planning, contracting strategy and identification of key risks are conducted during Concept & FEED of the Projects.
- Lead the development of effective Commercial/Technical Strategies using knowledge and expertise of facilities operations and project complexities.
- Oversee project contracting activities from preparation of bid lists through contract award, including preparation of recommendations for Stakeholders approval.
- Lead negotiations for technical variations to minimize / eliminate commercial negotiations of claims, back charges and variations with PMC and contractors to ensure that proposed changes effectively contribute to project completion in time, budget, and quality.
- Ensure Project Controls are maintained including progress measurement, cost management, change control and financial expenditures.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree from a recognised university.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of general work experience and not less than 5 years in project controls management (planning, cost, and budgeting).
- Must be fully aware of contract types, project planning, project execution work processes, EPCC, cost estimating systems and software and manufacture processes for critical and major project equipment.
- Proficiency in traditional PM tools and software, e.g. Smartsheet, XLS etc.
- End-to-end project management
- Project planning and execution
- Reporting and presentation skills towards various levels of management
- Stakeholder management
- Relationship building
- Communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and independent decision making
- Ability to develop and execute various project plans in parallel
- Problem solving skills: ability to understand, articulate, structure, and solve risks and issues along the project lifecycle.
- Due to current travel restrictions our client have a strong preference for candidates based in Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.
Senior Project Controls Manager
Project Controls Manager
Project Controls Manager for an International Contracting Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Project Controls Manager
|Saudi Arabia||2 Apr|
Project Control Manager
|Saudi Arabia||2 Jul|