Job description / Role
Air Products has entered into a Joint Venture agreement with ACWA Power and NEOM and together established the NEOM GREEN HYDROGEN COMPANY (NGHC). The Company will be Owner and Operator of the world's first and largest green hydrogen project at an estimated capital investment of USD $ 5bn. This unique project will be a fore-runner in green hydrogen-based ammonia production and will serve the new and growing global Hydrogen markets. The facility will be sited in NEOM, KSA and will be powered by more than 4GW of renewable solar, wind and battery storage. The project is scheduled to be onstream in 2025.
To complement and play an essential part in the execution and delivery of the project, NGHC is seeking a senior PROJECTS CONTROLS professional to be based at NEOM in KSA. The role will be critical to the oversight and management, on behalf of the Owner, of a single supply and construction EPC contract that will embrace all elements of the project. The role will be embedded in the Owner's Site Leadership Team and, therefore, will work and coordinate closely with the unit Leads for the green hydrogen elements, including major infrastructure such as a dedicated jetty, the 4 GW of wind and solar farms located in a radius of approximately 200 km and an independent inter-connecting high-voltage grid and accompanying substations.
The Role will be responsible for the selection, build and management of a dedicated Projects Controls Team to work across all elements of the Project and will report to the JV Executive Project Director.
Nature & Scope
To include, but not limited to the following. This scope may be reviewed and amended to suit a Candidate's particular additional skill-sets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
* Manage the project controls team, cost, planning, and document control, required to deliver this cross functional and cross regional project.
* Monitor and control project compliance in respect of the project's contractual obligations and NGHC's procedural requirements.
* Review EPC monthly reports to ensure adequate and accurate reporting of project progress against the contract and key milestones.
* Provide the JV EPD with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement.
* Analysis and Tracking: Perform trend analysis and actively evaluate project cost and schedule performance to identify potential risk areas, validate forecasts, and communicate those quickly to key stakeholders.
* Assist project team in the development of action plans to avoid cost & schedule overruns.
* Change Management / Forecasting: Implement change management practices and appropriately capture associated cost and schedule activities.
* Maintain detailed change management records.
* Analyse change order values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in forecast at completion reports.
* Funding Request: Coordinate Project Controls team's contributions to development of project funding request.
* Risk Assessment: Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks, and lead the cost and schedule contingency management process.
* Cost Management: Work with the Project Team to develop detailed monthly cost forecast / status reports. Maintain reserve and contingency analysis.
* Develop forecast trend analysis for site costs.
* Monitor spend to ensure accurate cost reporting. Review and analyse supplier, sub-contractor invoices to allocate these expenditures against the appropriate plans.
* Ensure that Project Controls input and support to projects are suitably estimated and adequality resources to meet project delivery requirements.
* Provide coaching and support to individual contributors with the team with respect to day to day job performance, performance appraisals, objective setting and continuous professional development planning.
* Support and participate in internal and external audits related to project controls, cost and other compliance including support to the EPC and contracts manager in interfacing with the Lenders Technical Adviser
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
* General Experience: Sound knowledge, proven skills and competencies in application of project cost control principles, methodologies and tools, supporting all phases of project execution, especially around Project Cost Control, Forecasting, Change Management and Reporting, within a large project-oriented EPC or Owner Organization. Must be able to deliver accurate cost information, reporting and guidance to management. SAP experience within Project Systems module is an advantage.
* Project Controls Experience: Proven skills and experience of cost, planning and document control management for projects on global basis. Understanding of typical international of project structures and contract terms. This includes EPC, third party Sale of Equipment (SOE), joint ventures, capital, and cost sharing type arrangements.
* Flexibility: Potential travel internationally to other regional engineering and project sites.
* Core competencies: Commercial and technical acumen, working knowledge of project cost, planning and document management tools and systems.
* Education - Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in technical, engineering and management disciplines or related fields preferred. Additional, complimentary qualifications and professional qualifications and training will be an asset to underpin the seniority of the role.
* Minimum of 15+ years of work experience in Project Execution / Project Controls
* Ability to work within an established team to achieve targets and goals.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, One Note)
* Working knowledge of SAP, Primavera P6, Deltek Acumen is desirable
* Excellent oral and written English proficiency is a must.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.