Job description / Role
Project Director - Saudi Arabia
International PMCM Consulting Group
Competitive Expatriate Salary Package + Benefits
Our client is a leading global Project & Construction Management Consultancy with international operations on major landmark commercial projects across the Middle East North Africa markets. Our client now seeks to appoint a Project Director for its Jeddah, Saudi Arabia office to provide project management services (as the lead client representative) on a major road project comprising connectivity to the Al Haram and is a 320-meter x 3.65 km section of land via a 60-meter-wide Grand Pedestrian Boulevard. The project also intersects five of the city’s major roads with two road boulevards flanking the exterior of the site and includes a distinctive major bridge as well as metro and rail stations as well as hotels, retail and other building structures. Our client’s role as PM/CM includes management of the infrastructure design (including the public realm) and building design, procurement of all consultants and contractors, managing and monitoring the construction process, assuring comprehensive coordination between all stakeholders. Our client is the consultant for the entire project which encompasses both building and infrastructure work.
Reporting to the Executive Director of PMCM and managing 60 staff, this role is responsible for the following:
• Project Management delivery of multi-disciplinary projects (multi-billion) requiring interface and coordination between engineering, architecture, urban planning and client groups.
• Leading and managing a team on large infrastructure mixed-use development projects and ensuring design deliverables achieve time, quality and budgetary targets.
• Management of construction projects including implementation of project management processes and systems.
• Preparation of contract (FIDIC) and tender documents for this project including outcomes of the master planning process and overseeing the implementation of the project programme on behalf of the Client.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction or equivalent with a minimum of 20 years’ experience in the construction sector which at least 5 years within a consultancy environment.
• Chartered status and / or Professional Membership such as C. Eng, MICE, MI Struct Eng or PE being required.
• Relevant experience in contract management, design, construction supervision/execution of infrastructure and building projects with at least 5 years in the capacity of project director / team leader on projects of similar size and complexity.
• Excellent working knowledge of construction contracts such as FIDIC red and yellow book and contract administration.
• Significant knowledge and proven leadership experience gained from an engineering consultancy background on similar projects is highly desirable.
• Excellent communication skills along with the ability to develop and maintain successful client relationships.
• Candidates with KSA experience will be highly regarded.
An excellent tax free salary, with stable employment, will be offered to attract suitable candidates to these roles.
About the Company
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through 'best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.