Job description / Role
Project Director - Desalination Plant
Project /Practice Management
• Manages the strategic aspects of large engagements and mitigates any risk.
• Oversees senior managers and managers working on client engagements within practice.
• Reviews high-level deliverables across practice.
• Ensures engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures take place for all practice engagements.
• Provides leadership to practice within a geographic area.
• Develops, implements, and maintains sound business practices.
• Develops and implements strategic objectives for practice that are aligned with the region's strategic initiatives.
• Reports profit and loss figures.
• Consolidates and analyses profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilisation across practice.
• Helps create pipeline forecasts and broad-based financial picture for practice.
• Addresses and resolves all billing issues.
• Ensures practice meets or exceeds budgeted financial objectives, including revenue and margin.
• Develops and meets revenue and other financial goals for practice.
• Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilisation across practice.
• Manages the negotiation of contract pricing when necessary.
• Provides leadership and guidance in all aspects of the sales cycle.
• Takes a lead role in monitoring the identification and development of strategic accounts.
• Involves, as appropriate, the sales team in order to achieve sales goals.
• Manages business development on a strategic level for practice.
• Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalises on equity and partnership opportunities.
• Ensures practice is well informed, at all times, of changes and newsworthy events within our company.
• Effectively communicates relevant practice information to superiors.
• Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
• Promotes us through speaking engagements at industry conferences and involvement in local business organisations.
• Evaluates and redesigns practice offerings.
• Understands the implications of different technical choices and is able to guide our clients to the best solution for their situation.
• Achieves excellence in all areas of business.
• Champions change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas.
• Reinforces team approach throughout practice both on client projects and internal initiatives.
• Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organisation.
• Ensures regular team and practice events take place away from the office.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
• Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Maintains lasting client relationships.
• Ensures practice delivers superior solutions to clients.
• Provides senior level resolution to client issues.
• Participates in all programs and enforces all policies relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
• Reviews management evaluations for consistency.
• Impresses upon management the importance of the career planning and performance evaluation programs.
• Creates an environment where Innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goals.
• Manages the development of project managers and senior managers.
• Assigns tasks to practice management that give managers an opportunity to grow.
• Reviews status reports of Project Managers and Senior Managers and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Lends expertise to internal teams and task forces.
Enforces standard policies and procedures.
• 20 - 25 years of working experience in utility projects with power/water generation
• Proven experience in the design and project execution of desalination projects with RO technology and thermal desalination
• Familiarization with the methodologies and modelling tools for a desalination plant
• Good technical/commercial writing skills
• Good presentation and influencing skills
• Fluency in English and Arabic
• Previous experience in KSA or GCC region preferable
• Bachelors/master degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Post Graduation in Business Management or Project Management
• The Association for Project Management (APM), Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) all offer a range of appropriate, professional qualifications.
About the Company
At Candidate we pride ourselves in not only being a team of recruiters but possessing extensive industry experience across our key verticals, which allows us to search and select the right calibre of resource for our clients. With our offices in the UK and Dubai, UAE we have the exposure to the right network which helps us focus on building a portfolio of clients and candidates across our key sectors:
Financial Services FinTech Legal Cyber Healthcare Digital
We like to see ourselves as more than a typical recruitment consultancy. For instance we offer the core services of placing the right candidate for our clients and retained recruitment, in addition to consultancy to advise and build out a client’s needs. Supplying contract resource is an area we are building out to provide further options to our client base. Lastly training is a key focus, as a result of our partnership with Forte Markets we have access to a depth of content and expertise, across our key verticals, rarely seen with a recruiter.
|Saudi Arabia||11 Apr|
Currie & Brown
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||24 Feb|