Job description / Role
Title: Project Director
Division: Project Management
Reporting to: Managing Director
Rider Levett Bucknall is an independent construction, property and management consultant. We bring a fresh perspective combining technical expertise and technology to deliver service excellence. Rider Levett Bucknall has had a local presence in the Middle East for over 30 years. Commencing practice in Saudi Arabia in 1982. Since 2007, we have grown rapidly and now have offices throughout the MENA Region where we have been involved in delivering some of the most iconic and innovative buildings in the region. Rider Levett Bucknall has also been recognised for the 13th consecutive year as a Top Employer for excellence in employee conditions. We are a global firm and encourage our KSA people to build global networks within the business and enhance their personal and professional development.
Our dedicated Project Management Team at RLB are responsible for seeing a project through from the initial planning stages to completion. Their main task is to break down projects into stages, taking responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality and risk of each stage of the project. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with them.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Mixed Use, Sports and Retail clients and projects. Our Project Managers work in close contact with clients, advising them on financial matters, project risks, procurement and contract matters using our experience to provide an informed opinion.
Overview of Role:
Due to the continued success of our Saudi Arabia office, we are currently recruiting for a hands-on, transactional-focused Project Director to lead a large-scale build program of works in Riyadh.
The Program comprises a high-end mixed-use portfolio of projects on a single master plan located in Riyadh, KSA comprising leisure and entertainment, residential and infrastructure assets.
You will join an existing client facing team and will be able to demonstrate a broad range of project/program experience. The Project Director will be wholly accountable for the successful delivery of the Program and must have experience in setting up best in class processes and procedures across the program. A background in a tier 1 PMC is essential.
This will be an extremely challenging yet rewarding role - working for a company with excellent growth plans in the Middle East.
• Provides vision, control and strategic direction for the program
• Attend Client meetings where strong diplomacy and leadership skills are essential
• Review and manage overall performance of the program
• Reviews and maintains adequate and appropriate resources for the program
• Maintains effective communication through the program and through good stakeholder management
• Facilitates the translation of strategy into planning and delivery across the program
• Ultimate accountability to the Client Representative for successful delivery of the Program
• Accountable for delivery of the Programme Baseline
• Responsibility for reporting against programme and securing Client decisions
• Accountable for compliance with all Company protocols, policies and procedures in relation to all project staff related matters
• Accountable for appropriate Health and Safety compliance matters being in place
• Provides leadership to balance value, quality, time and cost drivers in order to optimise the Programme
• Leads, inspires, motivates and encourages a high performing team environment
• Provides strategic direction, governance and leadership
• Engage with Management and HR on all aspects of recruitment and personnel management for the project.
To be considered for this role you should have the following:
• Degree in Project Management or similar technical discipline is essential
• A chartered member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – MCIOB is essential.
• A minimum of 15 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a Tier 1 consultancy or end user client
• Proven tact and diplomacy in dealings with client organizations in the Middle East is essential
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
• Inception through to completion experience in a Senior role
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
Big Fish Recruitment
CSG Global Talent
|Saudi Arabia||9 Jan|
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall