Job description / Role
As a Project Director, we need you to help us achieve the commitment we have made on our projects. To fulfill this obligation, we need you to demonstrate 20 years’ experience with a minimum of a Bachelor in Civil Engineering or Architecture from a recognized university. You will have previous experience working on major entertainment projects leading large multinational, multifaceted teams. Our preference is for you to hold an MSc or PhD, an active membership at ICE or RIBA and PMI.
General Position Description
• Communicate with the Client’s representatives continuously regarding Project Progress and areas of concerns.
• Exceptional Leadership Skills, possessing a collaborative management style, and ability to work in a multi-discipline team format.
• Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for the construction project; provide conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
• Develop and/or administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; perform project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
• Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of the construction project; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction departments.
• Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiate revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
• Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and client requirements.
• Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepare project specifications, and coordinate procurement as appropriate.
• Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approves contractor invoices for payment.
• Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing operations.
• Inspect, approve, and accept completed projects for the Company, ensuring conformance with institutional standards, building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
• Represent the Company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
• Research and prepare various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent.
• A postgraduate degree in Engineering, Architecture or an MBA will be considered a plus.
• At least twenty years of experience in similar roles in Project Management.
• PMP, PMI, CEng, RIBA or equivalent certification is strongly preferred.
• Strong track record in delivering projects in a fast moving and challenging environment.
• Proven experience in building and leading high performing teams.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, including excel and word.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall