Job description / Role
An international construction consulting firm that provides program and project management, construction management, cost engineering and estimating, quality assurance, inspection, scheduling, risk management and claims avoidance to clients involved in major construction projects worldwide. The company has participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total construction value of more than $500 billion worldwide.
General Position Description:
* Communicate with the Client's representatives continuously regarding Project Progress and areas of concerns.
* Exceptional Leadership Skills, possessing a collaborative management style, and ability to work in a multi-discipline team format.
* Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for the construction project; provide conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
* Develop and/or administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; perform project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
* Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of the construction project; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction departments.
* Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiate revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
* Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and client requirements.
* Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepare project specifications, and coordinate procurement as appropriate.
* Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approves contractor invoices for payment.
* Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing operations.
* Inspect, approve, and accept completed projects for the Company, ensuring conformance with institutional standards, building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent.
* A postgraduate degree in Engineering, Architecture or an MBA will be considered a plus.
* At least twenty years of experience in similar roles in Project Management.
* PMP, PMI, CEng, RIBA or equivalent certification is strongly preferred.
* Strong track record in delivering projects in a fast moving and challenging environment.
* Proven experience in building and leading high performing teams.
* Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, including excel and word.
* Excellent command of written and spoken English.
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall