Job description / Role
Title: Project Director
Division: Project Management
Reporting to: Director – Project Management
Hours: 10 hours a day, 6 days a week - site based
Our dedicated Project Management Team at RLB are responsible for seeing a project through from the initial planning stages to completion. Their main task is to break down projects into stages, taking responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality and risk of each stage of the project. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with them.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Data Centre, Mixed Use, Sports and Retail clients and projects. Our Project Managers work in close contact with clients, advising them on financial matters, project risks, procurement and contract matters using our experience to provide an informed opinion.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for a hands-on, transactional-focused Project Director to lead a large-scale multiple build program of works in Riyadh. They will join an existing client focused team and will be able to demonstrate a broad range of project/program experience. The Project Director will be wholly accountable for the successful delivery of the program and must have experience in setting up best in class processes and procedures across the program.
- Act as Project Lead and provide strategic leadership on a large program of works
- Oversee the projects from inception through to successful completion, managing a number of Project Managers from Assistant to Associate level and taking responsibility for overall delivery with an aim to securing repeat business.
- Attend Client meetings where strong diplomacy skills are essential
- Generating opportunities through business development.
- Undertaking line management and general unit management duties.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar consultancy or client environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Project Management degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
• MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
• Experience in delivering multiple build large scale projects across new build, refurbishment and fit out Residential schemes. Commercial, Mixed Use, Hotels, Healthcare and / or Retail sector experience is also preferable
• Experience of managing large and complex residential projects from conception through to completion
• Extremely competent and experienced, preferably with Middle East experience
• Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
• Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
Senior Project Manager / Project Director
Ignite Search & Selection
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Senior Project Manager
|Abu Dhabi||30 Sep|