Job description / Role
• Communicate with the Client’s representatives continuously regarding Project Progress and areas of concern.
• Exceptional Leadership Skills, possessing a collaborative management style, and the ability to work in a multi-discipline team format.
• Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for the construction project; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
• Develop and/or administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; perform project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
• Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of the construction project; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction departments.
• Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
• Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and client requirements.
• Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepare project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate.
• Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approves contractor invoices for payment.
• Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing operations.
• Inspects, approves, and accepts completed projects for the institution, ensuring conformance with institutional standards, building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
• Represent the institution in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
• Researches and prepares various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
• A postgraduate degree in Engineering or an MBA will be considered a plus.
• At least twenty years of experience in similar roles in Project Management.
• PMP, PMI, CIOB, or equivalent certification is strongly preferred.
• Strong track record in delivering projects in a fast-moving and challenging environment.
• Proven experience in building and leading high-performing teams.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, including excel and word.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
About the Company
Hill International, with more than 2,900 professionals in 70 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, and other consulting services to clients in a variety of market sectors.
Hill has participated in over 10,000+ project assignments with a total construction value of more than $600 billion. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the eighth-largest construction management firm in the United States.