Job description / Role
My client are looking for a Project Director to manager a SAR1.5Billion mixed use entertainment and hospitality led development in the city of Riyadh. Because of this significant project award, the company is looking for a Project Director to report to the regional GM to oversee successful delivery.
• Overall responsibility for the Project and ensuring that Project is delivered within cost, time and as per specifications with high Customer satisfaction thereby leading to repeat Business
• Ensures that all Financial Targets of the Project relating to overall Profit Margins are met
• Ensures proper release of Retention Moneys, Planning, Allocation and Utilization of Manpower by creating a Histogram of Manpower utilization linking it to the productivity assumptions made at the Bid Stage and manage the Staff & Labour Costs as per Budget
• Ensures all Monthly Invoicing against Work Completed are done on time, Certifications obtained, and Payments followed through to maintain Cash Flow
• Periodic Review of Project PSE, CTC, P&L & submit MIS to Sr Management
• Ensures Approval of all Drawings as per BOQ by Clients expeditiously so that Indents for Materials are placed well in time.
• Ensures the Approved Project Program and associated milestones are broken down in detailed activities, costs, specifications and allocated to site management on a real time basis
• Holds periodic Project Review Meetings internally to ensure religious monitoring of Work Progress and Budgets so that the Financial Targets of the Project are not compromised. All actions are documented with clear Responsibility Matrix including timelines and the same are put up for Review in the next Project Review Meet.
• Identify Long-Lead Items, place their Requisition well in time to ensure timely delivery for execution as per Project Plan.
• Maintain highest levels of Safety & Quality Standards
• Source & recommend appropriate Subcontractors
• Holds periodic Contract Review with Clients and Consultants and key bottlenecks are addressed and that all Commercial and Financial interests of the Company are secured and establishes and builds relationships with Clients by addressing their concerns
• Holds periodic meetings with key Sub-Contractors to ensure that they adhere to their Work Progress as per agreed Program. Also, all such meetings are documented with Action Plans and wherever necessary, Recovery Plans are initiated.
• Ensures that all Staff Members within the Project have clear cut Objectives and Goals set as a part of the Performance Management System and they are monitored periodically at all levels.
• Ensures that all Bank Guarantees/LCs are released by Banks in consultation with Finance to ensure Payment of Advances and Release of Materials on time.
• Ensures all Commercial and Contractual Matters of the Project are communicated to all Site Management Staff with special emphasis on variations/EOTs/established claims/liquidated damages/arbitration procedures and steps taken to safeguard Company interest.
• Ensures creation of a proper Material Plan and linking Material Requisition with Work Progress so that there is timely availability of required Materials
• Appointment of Sub-Contractors
• Ensure Manpower Resources and Equipment are demobilized in time and as per Plan so that Staff, labour, and other Associated Costs are managed within Budget
• Follow through of the Retention Money post DLP period and ensure all Snagging and Maintenance work during the DLP period are completed as per Contract
• Min 20yrs experience in Project Management gained predominantly with large scale Main contracting business.
• Some previous experience in the Middle East is preferred
• Degree preferred but not essential
• Experience in on time and on budget delivery of high value construction projects
• Fluency in written & spoken English is essential
• Start date is asap and preference will be given to candidates who are able to mobilise quickly
• The company offers a highly negotiable package to attract and retain the best talent
• 30 days calendar days leave + national holidays (6day week)
• Single or married status
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
Head of Major Projects (Senior Project Director)
|Saudi Arabia||10 Mar|
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Project Manager
|Saudi Arabia||1 Mar|