Job description / Role
Due to continued success in KSA, SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is seeking to appoint an experienced Project Director (Historic renovations) with a minimum of 20 years' experience in similar projects. Although based from Jeddah, this is a regional role, overseeing the project delivery of F+G's project portfolio in KSA.
A hands-on project delivery organisation that has moulded its business to respond to the demands of the nations in which it operates. In doing so, we actively seek to employ staff who possess strong pro-active management skills which enables them to understand the entire delivery process from site acquisition through to feasibility, design, construction, sales and occupancy phases. Our end-to-end project delivery solution is focused on best maximising project outcomes while minimising project risk for our Clients.
We are currently looking for a Project Director with a minimum of 15 years' experience in the management of large-scale renovation projects. The position is to lead team on a range of renovation projects in an active town across the redesign and construction refurbishment / renovation phases.
- You will be required to provide the senior management input into all project delivery related matters and be fully responsible for the successful delivery of services for the engagement(s) assigned to you.
- You will be required to act as the single focal point of contact between the Client and the internal and external delivery team members, possibly across multiple projects, to ensure that the desired project objectives are delivered.
- This is a project leadership position that requires professional ability and inherent motivation.
- You have the skills required to direct meetings, introduce discussion to encourage thinking on the wider commercial context and be responsible for the tasks assigned to members of your project team.
- Your experience, guidance and knowledge should place you as a Project Management subject matter expert in providing significant benefit to the project delivery team and Client.
- Generally you will have 15 years total experience and have a track record of working on renovation projects for a Project Management Consultancy for 7 years, ideally with previous experience of working on grade listed buildings and / or historical sites.
- Ideally you should possess a degree in a construction related discipline and hold a membership/chartership from a construction related professional body.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- 25 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Browse our Knowledge Centre to get an inside look into the projects we've delivered
Don't forget to sign up to receive the latest content tailored to your interests
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.