Job description / Role
Due to continued success in KSA, SNC Lavalin's Program Advisory business is seeking to appoint an experienced Project Director to join our already established team in KSA to support and oversee a major programmes of work.
As part of our Middle East business strategy, we are currently looking for an experienced Project Director (infrastructure projects) to join our team in KSA. Experience of delivering infrastructure works for master planned developments and other major works is key.
You will be responsible for managing and leading a diverse team of professionals including Architects, Engineers, Designers, Quantity Surveyors, Contractors and other supporting services.
Drawing on your existing infrastructure delivery and major projects experience, you will be responsible for monitoring the project direction and coordinating throughout all project life-cycles and final handover to the client.
- Develop the strategy and execution plan on large capital projects
- Negotiate contract terms with the client
- Deliver on all technical and commercial aspects of the project as per the contract requirements
- Manage the client relationship and key stakeholders
- Business development to ensure repeat business
- Deliver the financial objectives for the programme
- Manage all programme risk and contingencies
- Ensure compliance with the Atkins/F+G Business Management System
- Direct staff and resources to meet programme delivery requirements
- Ensure project success
- Manage the Project Manager's performance of delegated responsibility
- Provide the principal point of contact with the clients' senior representatives for the delivery of project services
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with relevant project, technical, financial and commercial staff
- Develop close working relationships with other business heads, locally and internationally
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues within the region and internationally to maximize the cost base and technical delivery capability
- Support the Project Manager in the resolution of problems
- Western educated to a minimum of Bachelors' degree in engineering or architecture
- Chartered with a western recognised institute (to include but not necessarily be limited to APM, ICE, IStructE, MRICS, CIOB).
- A minimum of 20 years post graduate experience, of which 10 has been in the Middle East, .
- A minimum of 15 years operating at senior management and director level
- Experience in leading on Master Planned infrastructure projects and major programmes of works including roads, culverts, utilities, drainage, bridges, public realm
- Experience of leading a business and having responsibility for a P&L account
- Proven success in the delivery of large capital projects within scope, time and budget
- Ability to influence for results
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects involving numerous stakeholders
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations
- Proven ability to lead, organize and direct large multi-national organization
- Be resilient with a "can do" attitude and able to work under pressure
- Be collaborative and able to work across regional and business boundaries
- Be focused on delivering to agree objectives and standards
- Assert independent views and challenge when appropriate
- Willing to challenge the status quo
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 25 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Keep up to date with the latest industry news in your market.
Find out what it's really like to work for one of our brands. Be inspired by our career stories and start your career with us.
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).