Project Director - Residential Buildings - Main Contractor
Job description / Role
Our client is a leading contractor in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have recently been awarded the contract to construct 88 residential buildings for a government entity in the city of Riyadh with a value of over $1 billion.
You will be responsible for leading and managing a project, or part thereof, under the supervision of your line manager.
You will fully understand and comply with the project execution plan and ensure that all relevant parties you lead and supervise also understand these project targets in your day-to-day management of the project.
- Ensuring the team's full compliance with the clients scope of the project.
- Managing and being fully accountable for the entire project.
- Directing and managing your subordinates in a professional, inclusive and caring manner.
- Establishing project strategies, agreed with the client, and ensuring these are captured in the project execution plan and other plans as required and are communicated, understood, and complied with.
- Be a leader for matters in relation to health, safety, and wellbeing on the project at all stages.
- Ensuring the project planning and monitoring of the progress is in line with the strategic goals and in compliance with company procedures. Ensure reporting of issues is accurate and timely.
- Ensuring the project team develops all necessary project plans and keeping them updated and relevant over the course of the project.
- Ensuring project budgets are managed and matters of concern are raised to the client, with recommendations and strategies for VE or remedies of problems where possible.
- Ensuring quality systems are in place and suitably managed and monitored.
- Managing and chairing relevant senior meetings, ensuring these are recorded as required.
- Ensuring the team effectively communicate with all project parties/stakeholders and ensure suitable records are maintained.
- Ensuring the account is always administered in a timely manner and all debt is managed.
- Be proactive in managing the happiness and wellbeing of your team.
- The key technical capabilities required to perform the role well are outlined below.
- BSc Qualified
- 25 years minimum experience within construction with a contractor
- 10 years experience as a project director, with a proven track record on delivering building projects
- Middle East project experience (essential)
- Have a history with international tier 1 contractors only (no local based contractors)
- Excellent communicator & holds accountability for their team
We are only looking for contracting background candidates, no PMC or client side.
Salary package is circa SAR 80-90,000 per month + standard benefits
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Senior Project Manager - Mega Projects
Senior Project Director / Program Director (PMC)
|Saudi Arabia||2 Sep|
Senior Project Manager
Project Director - Construction
|Saudi Arabia||11 Aug|