Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join our Power Systems Engineering Department.
Power Systems Engineering Department is one of five departments within power systems in Saudi Aramco - its mission is to provide best in class power engineering services to internal and external clients through competent workforce and viable technologies
Your primary role will be to lead the execution of capital projects. You will ensure that engineering design, procurement, construction and project completion is completed in compliance with the project objective and contractual requirements i.e. project schedule, cost, HSE, company standards and procedures.
- Lead and recommend new continuous improvement solutions for installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standardization within specific fields of endeavor. Estimate costs, prepare justifications and complete expenditure requests as required.
- Develop Plans, schedules and provides work direction for preparation of designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data and assures the efficiency, adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of challenging engineering problems.
- Develops scope and description of technology items, and leads the implementation and operation of developed solutions in the field.
- Proactively identify, develop solutions and implement for any issues that may affect cost, schedule, safety or quality. Ensure timely resolution of project issues arising in all phases of the project development.
- Reviews work of junior engineers directed.
- Negotiate agreements and change orders with design and execution contractors.
- Ensure safety measures are implemented in the projects' execution.
- Be fully familiar with company Key Performance Indices (KPIs) and proactively identify actions to ensure those KPIs are achieved.
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and schedule. Attend project meetings e.g. progress, stakeholders, design review, value improvement, etc.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Must hold a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- You should have a minimum of 5 years' experience. Chartered Engineer Certification or Certification as Professional Engineers is preferred. Additionally, formal qualification in Project Management is preferred.
- You should have a robust understanding of international procedures of Projects Phases, Engineering Phases, Bidding procedures, Procurement Processes, Construction Requirements and up to date Best Practices.
- Flexible to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations including remote areas as needed.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.