Job description / Role
Integrates the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, construction, and start-up aspects of a small project. May manage a subtask of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual obligations. Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance. Relocation to the project site may be required during construction and start-up activities.
• Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements. Identifies and documents changes in scope.
• Assists in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buyouts, monitoring progress to maintain those procurement. Interfaces with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid
• Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
• Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study. Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
• Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
• Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
• Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and 10-12 years of related field engineering experience, or a broad general engineering background is required.
• Professional registration may also be required.
• Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required.
• Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on the project
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.