Job description / Role
Provision of professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with particular emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs in conformance with approved standards and codes.
Member of the Engineering Department professional staff supporting Jazan project. Reports to the Section Manager. Interfaces with project management staff, other departments and contractors, and directs and supervises more junior engineers.
Major Activities Performed
• Prepares technical specifications and scope of work descriptions.
• Provides technical advice and guidance on all discipline aspects.
• Assists in the preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
• Provides technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences.
• Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculation submittals and coordinates with the works of other disciplines.
• Reviews vendor/shop drawings and construction materials and/or equipment submittals.
• Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
• Prepares conceptual designs, interface layouts and conflict solutions.
• Prepares man-hour estimate and material take-offs.
• Prepares technical correspondence, reports, and studies.
• A degree in Civil or Engineering related from a recognized university or college plus 10 years post-graduate professional experience.
• US registration as a Professional Engineer is desirable or equivalent.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
Specific technical qualifications for the requisitioned position are identified below:
• The candidate must have sound experience in site development, design of roads and utilities for large residential, industrial and commercial areas.
• Experience should also include sanitary sewer design, irrigation design and traffic management.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Principal Civil Engineer/Utilities & Infrastructure (Western Expat)