Job description / Role
Our Project Finance and Infrastructure team advises clients on financial, procurement, strategic and public-private partnerships issues for large-scale infrastructure projects and programs. Join this team and you will help provide support to our clients from the earliest stages of analysis project evaluation to procurement, financial close, construction and operations. You will assist our clients in devising and comparing financial plans and delivery approaches for projects that involve public, federal or private financing; project revenues; and/or grants - and provide support to our clients in their implementation of those plans.
The EY Infrastructure team advises on finance, funding, strategy, procurement and public-private partnerships (PPPs) for large-scale infrastructure projects. Our work spans transportation, public buildings/campuses, renewable power, water and other utilities, communications, and resiliency/flood prevention and other types of essential infrastructure. We provide financial, strategic and commercial acumen to senior officials, sponsors and project teams, helping them to develop programs and to advance much-needed improvements into construction and operations, as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior within the Project Finance and Infrastructure team you will be responsible for assisting clients in the development and implementation of strategies to advance large-scale infrastructure and other projects you will also be expected to demonstrate an understanding of capital project/program funding, financing and delivery mechanisms at the local, state and national levels to support analysis of client projects. You will participate in developing strategy, financial, project delivery, business planning, funding, procurement and/or policy analysis and recommendations for clients.
Skills and attributes for success
Individuals with a good Knowledge of public-private partnerships (PPP), concessions and acquisition and project financing structures will do well in this role. Project Financing knowledge, with an understanding of project financial modelling and financing markets, would be highly valued and the Understanding of economic or social infrastructure procurement and delivery
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's or a graduate degree with at least 3 years of related work experience;
- Proven quantitative analytical capabilities
- Outstanding critical thinking skills
- Outstanding communication, writing and organizational skills
- Intellectually curious with a strong desire to develop professionally in the infrastructure finance and policy sector
- Willingness and ability to travel
Ideally, you'll also have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
- Numerically-inclined with an eye for details
What we look for
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offer's
- Competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
- Range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us
Building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.