Job description / Role
As one of our Financial Manager, we need you to help us achieve the commitment we have made on our projects. To fulfill this obligation we need you to demonstrate 10 years’ experience with a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or any equivalent degree from a recognized university.
Communication skills are the key to success in life, work and relationships and we are no different, we need all of our employees to have an excellent command of English as a minimum and of course additional languages are beneficial. Good leaders must lead by example. By walking your talk, you become a person others want to follow.
General Position Description
• Applies the principles of accounting within the assigned area of accounting, compiles financial information, processes journal entries into various accounts, reconciles reports and financial data as well as handle vendor payments for specific project/s.
• Performs professional accounting work, including auditing, analyzing and verifying fiscal records and reports, preparing financial and statistical reports, providing information to Managements / Companies regarding accounting practices and procedures, and reconciling general ledger accounts; assists in preparing the organization’s annual, mid-year, Quarter budgets; prepares year-end audit reports and schedules; trains and provides technical advice to lower-level accounting personnel, and performs related work as required.
• He will be responsible for providing accounting support to Management in Joint Venture Accounting of the daily operations of accounting, analysis and reporting of multiple joint venture structures, including maintaining financial records, preparing and analyzing Invoice statements and preforming general accounting functions.
• Prepare and enforce appropriate processes for each joint venture.
• Understand, manage and supervise all aspects of cash flow for each joint venture.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for each joint venture bank account.
• Initiate constructive working relationships with the property accounting team, Parent Company & Owner.
• Maintain and update joint venture related accounting with the proper treatment of cash basis investment contributions, distributions, and flow through of net income/loss.
• Maintain and update joint venture related accounting of partner contributions and distribution for each of the joint ventures.
• Process the receivable and payable invoices for payment by each of the joint ventures.
• Prepare monthly accounting reports for management, ensuring accuracy and integrity in reporting.
• Provide thorough analysis, advice and reporting to management.
• Prepare Monthly / quarterly reporting packages for the joint ventures
• Process the quarterly distributions for each joint venture once approved by the Board and record them.
• Work with the external tax accounting firm on the preparation and issuance of annual and Monthly tax returns.
• Responsible to review the tax returns and obtain proper internal approvals to finalization and getting the tax returns filed with each taxing authority.
• Maintain all legal documents and agreements for each joint venture.
• Calculation of asset management fees by joint venture and recording thereof.
• Calculation of monthly capital distributions by joint venture and recording thereof.
• Prepare and post journal entries, including obtaining appropriate supporting documentation and organizing it for future reference.
• Analyze and verify information by creating spreadsheet reports.
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Cross check and verify all payments due to vendors with the relevant supporting documents and approve the same for payment, maintain all such records as per RAMPED standards and as per standard accounting practices.
• Review and approve all bank reconciliations prepared by the other accountants and take corrective action as and when discrepancies are found.
• Maintain financial overview of the subsidiary operations including assessing fund requirement and arranging for the funds transfer, verification of payments, review of statutory financial statements, review of tax returns and review of the company’s annual returns.
• Assists with the preparation of the annual and mid-year budgets and with the fiscal year-end and fixed asset accounting.
• Monitor and maintain system integrity through daily checks.
• Perform detailed analysis of specific projects, assist in the preparation of reports documenting trends and other analysis to Senior Management; develop and perform accounting control functions; reconcile automated controls against manually constructed control.
• To coordinate with the Client’s Finance Department and support them with any information and documentation required for the KSA Ministry of Finance and its auditors.
• Financial decisions are made by management based on the monthly financial statements, hence accurate reporting is critical.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent Communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Process Improvement.
• Analytical Ability.
• Eye for detail
• Organizing ability.
• Ability to handle pressure.
• Strong Accounting and auditing knowledge.
• Knowledge of standard accounting procedures and laws.
• Knowledge of the auditing process.
Physical Effort and Work Environment
• Duties performed in Main Office mostly in air-conditioned surroundings and involve very limited physical effort.
Minimum Educational Requirement
• Professional degree in Accounting/Finance/Commerce with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing accounts in large organizations.
• Experience in Joint Venture or Operations Accounting preferred, and a CPA license is a bonus
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
About the Company
One of the largest construction claims consulting firms in the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Big Fish Recruitment