Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Project HSE Specialist Position for the Saudi operations has become available. Start your career with Baker Hughes a GE company, a leader in the Oilfield Services industry. You are expected to provide HSE expertise to Integrated Well Services Project for offshore well operations and surface facilities serving as an active member of the Project Management Team. The HSE Supervisor will report directly to Project Manager and functionally to Geo-market HSE Lead to ensure overall project success in the areas of health, safety (process and occupational), and environmental. The HSE Specialist is required to organize, plan, coordinate and implement the HSE efforts throughout planning, startup, mobilization and operational phases of the project. He will be working closely with Client and subcontractors, cooperating with their Representatives via significant presence in the field.
- Accountable for delivery of HSE related aspects of the project during the various project phases
- Implement project HSE strategies and plans ensuring alignment with Company, Client and Contractual agreements
- Coordinate with HSE Lead, Client and subcontractors to implement project HSE documentation including but not limited to HSE Plans, SIMOPS, risk management and bridging documents
- Interact with Subcontractor and Client HSE Personnel to ensure HSE objectives are met
- Coordinate with HSE Lead, client and subcontractors on environmental aspects of Project work, i.e. permits, emissions, etc.
- Performing regular field visits and audits of subcontractors and client
- Degree in HSE, Engineering or Sciences preferred
- 5+ yrs. HSE experience in Oil & Gas Industry, preferably in the area of Surface Facilities, Process Facilities or Offshore Drilling
- Experience managing HSE projects for and surface facilities and offshore drilling projects
- Proficient in HAZOPS and HAZID Assessments, Project Risk Assessments and development of Risk Management Plans
- Knowledgeable in Upstream Process Safety, Construction safety
- Effective communicator able to influence at various levels within Company, customers and contractors
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and make independent decisions
- Knowledge of industry international and Indian safety and environmental standards
- CPA Preferred.
- Adequate HSE training records
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction and as part of a larger team
- Knowledge in Drilling Operation activities, Drilling Emergencies, and rig site specific safety plans
- Direct experience and proficiency with HSE Management Systems and HSE requisites such as Risk Assessments, Audits and Inspections, and Procedures.
- Saudi Arabia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.