Job description / Role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify, lead, and direct team resources.
• Lead, plan, direct and control all aspects of a project such as objectives, planning, engineering, procurement, QA/QC, health and safety, field construction management, scope, schedule, and budget.
• Directs and coordinates activities on various projects, with project team, customers and subcontracts.
• Initiates and assists in contract negotiations.
• Develop and manage customer relationships.
• Successfully manage financial and technical aspects of projects.
• Manage proposal efforts and successfully negotiate proposal/contracts to award.
• Communicate with SEL Management and the project team.
• Effectively use project management tools.
• Supervisory and other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for environmental, health and safety leadership, maintaining a safe workplace, safety awareness and training, accident investigations and reporting, and implementing safe and environmentally sound work practices.
• Understand. Create. Simplify.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field
• 2-4 years project management experience
• Strong leadership ability
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Regularly meets and corresponds with customer, owner and contractors
• Develop and evaluate project plans
• Knowledge of MS Office and PM tools and practices
• PMP certification or equivalent
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
• Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
• Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Background check results satisfactory to SEL
• Negative drug test result(s)
• Knowledge of electric power system protection, integration, and automation practices
• Bachelors of Science degree
• Knowledge of MS Project
• Knowledge of Deltek Vision software
• Project management or leadership training
• Two years of consulting engineering experience
• Professional Registration Understanding of risk management
• Capable of devising new approaches and solutions to issues encountered
About the Company
SEL makes electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. To accomplish this mission, we design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. Our solutions range from comprehensive generator and transmission protection to distribution automation and control systems. The SEL Government Services Division is dedicated to the security, safety, and reliability of electric power at facilities ranging from military base power systems to ships, while Engineering Services provides engineering capabilities and system solutions to national and international customers. SEL University provides training and programs that help our customers meet the technical challenges and complexities of integrating digitally based technologies into the expanding power system infrastructure.