Job description / Role
The Project Manager’s function is to direct the assigned project(s) or study in such a manner as to assure its on-schedule completion within or below the established budget, in accordance with contractual obligations and good engineering practice, and in a manner satisfactory to the Client and the Company. The Senior Project Manager’s work normally involves total management of the project’s technical, financial, and administrative functions.
Major Activities Performed:
• Establishes detailed scope of work for the project(s) in conjunction with other divisions and Client, and in accordance with project(s) proposal and contract.
• Assists Management in the preparation of requests for proposals, prepares and/or reviews contract documents, develops scopes of work, determines technical skill requirements and man loading for projects, determines inputs for contract pricing efforts, and assists in preparation of project plans and schedules.
• Establishes, with the Project Staff, Department Manager and Senior Management, staff budgets and manpower requirements necessary to execute the scope(s) of work of his project(s).
• Establishes the design criteria and conceptual preliminary engineering for all areas of the project(s) and monitors the final engineering and construction for adherence to these criteria.
• Has the overall and general responsibility for construction activities. Delegates the authority to the Resident Construction Manager (RCM) for the execution of the project construction program and, through the RCM, will monitor these construction activities for compliance with established schedules and budgets.
• Monitors the progress of all project functions and reports on their status to the Division Management and Client as required. Gives particular attention to reporting matters affecting project overruns or delays and makes every effort with Division Management to rectify these conditions.
• Supplies Division Management and/or Client with current, accurate information regarding the status of all project management functions by the maintenance of appropriate records and the periodic issuance of informative reports.
• Maintains, through the Project Staff, a Chronological file of project history, supported by the compilation of minutes of meetings and a daily log of significant events affecting the project. Keeps the Project Sponsor informed of significant project milestones and of major conditions that could affect the project costs, schedule of client relations.
• Assists the Contracts Manager during the negotiation of contracts as required.
• Authorizes and approves all requests to the Accounting Department for preparation of invoices to the client.
• Approves all submittals to the Client of project work outputs, information requests, advisor notices, project status reports, etc.
• Reviews all work for compliance with the contract. Identifies out-of-scope work requirements. Prepares contract change notices as required.
• Coordinates intra company work assignments with other divisions, departments, and/or field offices.
• Performs other project management functions as required by Company Management.
The Project Manager will report to the Construction Manager and Director of Construction under General Supervision reports to Program Manager and through him to Client. Supervises Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM), Senior and Resident Construction Engineers, Schedulers, Cost Engineers working on his project(s).
Experience and Qualifications:
• The minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university in an engineering field or field related to the work for which the individual is applying. Membership or affiliation with professional organizations related to the individual’s specialty is required.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience directly related to the position for which application is being made. At least eight (8) of the fifteen years must have been spent in significant engineering and project supervisory assignments involving independent decisions and comparative responsibility. Experience must have included complete fiscal accountability for a moderate-size project or project area in addition to the management of its engineering, budgeting, planning, procurement, and scheduling activities.
• Ability to proficiently perform duties in accordance with the job description for a Senior Project Manager supplemented by the following:
• Evidence of good potential shown by satisfactory past performance and growth in technical, fiscal, and management responsibilities in the engineering field.
• Evidence of superior initiative, judgement, and ability required to assume the total leadership o a complete large-scale project.
• Evidence of acceptable personal characteristics which will enhance Client relationships and maintain a good image of the Company
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||22 May|