Job description / Role
Is one of the top 5 international engineering consultant.
• Provides construction management input into strategic tourism projects.
• Develops scope of work for tourism assets including heritage sites and significant natural features.
• Performs quality control assessments by reviewing design documents, project specifications and performance standard, recommending actions
• Review project schedules and monitoring project progress, reporting schedule changes and trends, coordinating activities, resolving problems
• Monitors project budget by reviewing expenditures, payment application and document checking, administering design and construction contracts
• Works with Employer and Consultants / Contractors to find areas of opportunity to execute project and milestone schedules
• Supports meetings with Contractors and/or stakeholders including weekly progress meetings, quality, scheduling and phasing and other coordination or field activities as they occur.
• Provides analysis and recommendations to the Tourism leadership team
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations.
• Assists in the preparation of presentations for Tourism leadership team.
Education and Qualification:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 12+ years’ experience engaged in Engineering, Project or Construction Management
• Knowledge of Engineering, Project and Construction Management principles, practices and procedures, applicable laws
• Ability to organize and manage contracts and contractors on projects and coordinate with various agencies.
• Ability to read and interpret designs and shop drawings
• Proficient in MS office including excel, word, access and powerpoint
• Ability to work within a diverse environment with people of differing backgrounds and nationalities
• Ability to work full time including alternate shifts, additional hours and irregular hours.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering