IBM Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to manage efforts of IBM resources and client employees as well as third-party vendors to ensure that an integrated solution is provided to meet the client needs. In this role, the Project Manager will be responsible for delivering a portfolio of projects. The Project Manager works independently but keeps leadership promptly apprised of work status, raising issues of risk to the appropriate level and at the appropriate time; works effectively and efficiently with minimal oversight; advises and provides guidance to other professionals; seeks guidance on key issues as appropriate; and has a solid level of expertise in project management. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization.
- Provide project management discipline and a framework to IBM Software Expert Labs project teams
- Provide technical direction and control to coordinate and manage the activities of Expert Labs project personnel
- Create Project Management deliverables
- Maintain project communications with the client
- Create regular status reports
- Conduct regular status meetings with clients and project stakeholders
- Provide monthly financial forecasts to Delivery Leaders
- Keep management cadence with the Delivery Leaders to provide insight on project status
- Develop knowledge of IBM Software Expert Labs offerings with awareness on emerging technologies and solutions
- Administer the contract change control procedure with the client
The Cloud & Cognitive Expert Labs practice is responsible for delivering consulting engagements that utilize software in the IBM Automation, Data and AI, and AI Applications brands worldwide. The IBM Software Expert Labs practice contains Architects, Product Specialists and Project Managers with deep product skills that can help accelerate a client journey to maximize the value of a software implementation. The engagement sizes range from strategy and quick start deployments to First of a Kind (FOAK) implementations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Project Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Project Managers are effective communicators, active listeners, and have excellent customer service skills.
- Leadership - Project Manager will need to have strong leadership skills in order to motivate and lead their team effectively and to ensure that junior employees have the knowledge they need to do their jobs well.
- Communication Skills - Project Manager should possess strong interpersonal skills, which enables them to communicate with their team, give clear instructions, and provide great customer service.
- Computer Skills - The administrative side of this role requires good computer skills to analyse data and create reports.
- Teamwork - Project Manager should be able to work well as part of a team, to take on tasks during busier periods to help colleagues, and to be of assistance or offer guidance to other members of staff.
- Detail-Oriented - This position requires analytical skills and the ability to interpret information from numerous sources to prepare and present reports. For this aspect of the role, being detail-oriented and able to find focused solutions to business problems is useful.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.