Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
This role is responsible for the management of major multidiscipline engineering studies and projects. Management of teams of Project Engineers, Discipline Engineers, Designers, Subconsultants and Subcontractors involved in the development of major projects from conceptual design through to detail design, implementation and commissioning.
- Scope, budget and schedule development
- Project cost and schedule monitoring, control and analysis
- Interface management between project teams and subconsultants/subcontractors
- Planning for quality outcomes
- Team building
- Relationship management
- Quality management
- Performance reporting
- Project change control
- Overall delivery
- Management and control of health, safety and environmental risks associated with project activities.
- Development and implementation of initiatives to improve cost effectiveness.
- Effective management and control of risks through design and installation.
- Understanding and implementing the requirements of the HSE Regulations Act.
- Maintaining design integrity and quality within the project team.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the relevant Quality Assurance system.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow HSE procedures.
- Mentoring, coaching and training of subordinates
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- A proven track record in managing major projects with a minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE management in a project environment
- Working knowledge of industry standard business support systems i.e. project planning packages, cost management systems, ISO9001 quality management systems
- A high level of customer focus
- Experience with managing projects involving input from a variety of internal and external sources
- Relevant engineering degree with a minimum of 10 years experience in building and infrastructure projects in oil and gas industry
- Sound understanding of applicable local & international engineering standards and codes of practice
- Eligible for SCE Membership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities in a busy environment
- Pro-active team player
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.