Job description / Role
About the Role
To manage the delivery of new school projects within the region, delivering against the transitional project plan. The role holder will provide operational support to the GEMS Leadership team KSA throughout the assigned project period and serve as a key point of contact for the GEMS SSC team in Dubai.
Accountable for ensuring the projects are managed as per the project plan and within agreed timelines.
The post holder will be responsible for leading all project management activities within the assigned business unit(s) and will strive to exceed internal & external customer expectations, capitalizing the economic profit and return on capital investment while embracing the GEMS Core Values.
New School Project
- Deliver against the approved transitional project plan within time and quality expectations
- Create granular level plans as required
- Manage budget requests for any CAPEX or OPEX spending required to deliver the transition plan
- Manage vendors by contractual obligations on both ends
- Ongoing tracking of progress against plan and budget
- Preparation of progress reports for project checkpoint meetings, and ad-hoc reporting as required
- Minimize risk exposure by managing the scope and mitigating risk across projects.
- Escalate deviations from the project plan to GEMS SSC as appropriate
- Change management process with the support of Internal Communications
- Serve as a key point of contact for GEMS SSC colleagues in Dubai, and liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes in the region, and how they may affect the delivery of the project
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. Monitor and schedule projects as per resource availability and business requirements.
- Prepare project closure reports and all other requisite reports on a timely basis.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Minimum a BA, or equivalent (advanced) diploma / Project management qualification (PMP, Six Sigma, Prince2)
- Certificate of School Business Management / Facilities Management / NEBOSH or IOSH is desirable
- At least 3 years' experience in a project management or transformation role
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Fluent English communication skills, written and oral.
- Arabic communication skills preferred
- Attention to detail with diligent follow up, and able to execute in a timely manner. Skilled in multi-tasking and handling pressure.
- Organizational ability, of self and others.
- Capable of influencing people and talented in networking with cultural sensitivity.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong and consistent supervisory skills
- Commercial acumen
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.