Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP seek a Project Manager to manage the procurement, planning, logistics and operations & maintenance of all bus services and networks, for the public transport program currently being upgraded in Makkah to help it accommodate the transportation needs of its residents and Hajj pilgrims.
The key objective of the role is to introduce an improved bus service in Makkah which aims to support the economic development, enhance the quality of life, safety and security, and public transportation opportunities for all residents of Makkah.
How will you know when you are successful in this role?
The bus service in Makkah will;
- Be frequent, with adequate capacity for the peaks;
- Be reliable, providing even service intervals when frequencies are high and running to time when they are low.
- Be simple and easy for passengers to understand and remember, as well as being integrated with other public transport
- Provide a comprehensive service to all areas and recognizing the needs of local people from all sections of the community.
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven. If have a passion for new technology, and thrive upon ‘thinking out of the box’ to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP is the place for you.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Traffic and Transport Planning
- Minimum 15 years of experience in similar projects.
- Experience in managing bus operations and maintenance contractors
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Familiar with Integrated Transport Systems (ITS)
- GCC experience is a plus
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.