Job description / Role
- Prepare bid documents, bid evaluations, recommendations for awarding purchase orders to engineering contractors along with other equipment and materials.
- Provide project leadership and establish the execution framework to ensure the quality value timeliness and profitability of the Gas Turbine Power Plant Project EPC bidding and execution stages.
- Control over the contractors personnel performance and productivity
- Promote the No Injury culture in the contractors workforce.
- Plan and control the Project progress
- Ensures accurate comprehensive and timely project reporting
- Develops clearly and implements the requirements of the Scope of Work
- Completes the project until hand over to Operations
- Closes all contractor actions
- Develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the project management team.
- Ensures effective and timely coordination between design procurement material management and construction for integration of technical content and schedule activities
- Ensures that all contractual and legal matters related to the project are dealt properly and promptly seeking advice and guidance from higher Management as necessary.
- Follow up the contractor progress report and conduct weekly meetings and site visits.
- Emphasizes safety throughout all phases of the project.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering - Project Management qualification desirable.
- More than 15 years of experience in combined cycle gas turbine power plant projects out of which min 5 years as EPC Project Manager in the Power Generation Industry Knowledge and Skills.
- Project management in Middle East and Iraq desirable.
- Communication with Contractors Languages proficiency level.
- English fluency.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office - Primavera understanding of SAP Specific requirements.
- Energetic outspoken and proven track record of completed successful EPC.
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.